Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Fishing Nerd

Anyone know where to find a skiff rental on the North Shore?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Planning a trip out for July 4th weekend with a couple of friends and their families, figured we could sneak out early before the wives/kids get up and go rent a boat for a few hours.

Anywhere Southold and beyond would be fine. I know a couple of places will rent boats, but at that point I think it'd be overkill for us.

View PostDont know if your looking anything around City Island but Jacks B&T has them for like 60.00 bucks all day.

Nice guys at Jack's and some really rich and varied fishing in the area.

Captain Marty's in New Suffolk rents skiffs out east. Easy access to Rogers Rock, Rose Grove and Robins Island area, a little bit of a ride to Jessups but very do-able. July in that area usually has pretty good bluefish and porgy action. Had one great weakfish trip there a few years back the last week of June and you might be able to scratch up a couple of fluke.

Thanks guys!

I already knew about Jacks - saw them when I went for some winter flounder fishing out of CI on the Island Current (nice guys, but we picked the worst possible weather to fish in and the water was just too cold to expect to score much).

I'm looking at the North Shore because a friend has a place out there, so we're multitasking - take a few hours in the morning for some fishing, and take the families to the beach/out to dinner later.