Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Triet

AC install price check

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

For labor+materials on a Fujitsu 24000 BTU mini split. Got quotes for $3300 and $4300 installed. Seems like too big a gap. Going in a big bedroom (about 1800 sq feet, 20 foot ceiling, many windows)

View PostFor labor+materials on a Fujitsu 24000 BTU mini split. Got quotes for $3300 and $4300 installed. Seems like too big a gap. Going in a big bedroom (about 1800 sq feet, 20 foot ceiling, many windows)

I am not sure about the prices on those specific units, but as a contractor there can be many legitimate reasons for the difference. Insurance costs,training,overhead, does one company have a large fleet of trucks or a warehouse? Are they located in a different area etc. Legitimate, licensed,fully insured contractors cannot compete with guys that don't have the expenses that come with being legitimate. Just because a guy's ad or truck and card say licensed and fully insured does not mean that they are. It is the customer's responsibility to do the checking to see if a particular contractor is on the up and up and has reliable references. (Not his buddies at the bar)wink.gif

Check for a difference in warranty service. Typical is 90 day labor/ 1 year parts/ 5 compressor. That could be the reason for the difference. The range seems fair to me. I just had a Mitzu installed for a tenant for 3400 but the electric was excluded and I made things real easy for the guy. Like having on site scaffolding available etc.

The unit is a 24CL, which appears to be sold for around $1700. The higher quote includes some covering over the lines and 1 year of home visit warranty labor. The lower quote includes running the lines inside the wall.