Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ripitsik

Emblem Pro Question

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I have a 5500 and I am using this year for plugging. I think I have been spoiled b/c I have a VS275 for jigging and I love the bailess system and since that I don't like going back to bail but I love the emblem. I have lost a few of my cheaper plugs b/c the bail has closed on me and I am somewhat worried that if I go to my more $$$ ones go hurling half way into the canal, ill have a heart attack cwm31.gifcwm31.gifcwm31.gif . Is there a bailess system for the emblem? Are there any emblem owners that cut off the bail and just leave the roller? Is it a good idea to do that or will it ruin the reel?

I'm sure some here have cut off the bail, but if your careful in placing the rotor in the correct position before casting, you will never have the bail closure problem.

Perhaps the easest way to explain this is for you to refer to the reverse side of the schematic diagram that came with your reel. On the reverse side of that paper it tells, and shows, you how to prepare for a cast in four, easy to read instructions, and diagrams.

Pay particular attention to diagram #4 and especially the language that accompanies it. That's where your having your problem with bail closure.

That language reads as follows......"to stabilize the rotor further, rotate the open bail until it rests against the bail kick knuckle. The infinite reverse will hold it here. Insure you open the bail fully to avoid accidential bail closure during casting."

P