Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
golfs321

flexcoat lite msds?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I have a buddy who owns an epoxy business and they can create one for me. Does anyone know where I can find the MSDS sheet on flexcoat lite or another similar epoxy used in rod building?

MSDS is the material safety data sheet that is required to be supplied by law to the general public.

I hear that flexcoat lite is a popular epoxy for surf rods.

Even if there is one out there, it will be very generic. Most likely it will not contain any tox data, just statments that material not testes /unknown physiological effects, if exposed wash with water for 15 min etc,.

Some MSDS might be very misleading depending on a source.

w.

my buddy just needs to know the very general facts about it, and he asked specifically for the msds sheet. He knows way to much about this stuff (hence owning a company that sells additives for epoxy and makes it) and is just looking to find a little info on it so he can make me one that suits my needs haha

He owns an epoxy business and can't get an MSDS for materials he ORDERS and WORKS with? Possibly employing others to work with it? I just looked at my jugs. The hardener is corrosive, I would guess if you ignite either the resin or the hardener you are in some hot water, and organic fumes are never good. Tell this dude to ask his supplier. If any arm of the law checks up on him, he's finished. I don't think you can run a business without MSDSs on the materials you are working with.

View PostHe owns an epoxy business and can't get an MSDS for materials he ORDERS and WORKS with? Possibly employing others to work with it? I just looked at my jugs. The hardener is corrosive, I would guess if you ignite either the resin or the hardener you are in some hot water, and organic fumes are never good. Tell this dude to ask his supplier. If any arm of the law checks up on him, he's finished. I don't think you can run a business without MSDSs on the materials you are working with.

he asked about if "flexcoat" has a msds. im sorry i think u read it wrong fisher. a msds gives you more info than whats on the back of the bottle, chemical break down effects of exposure treatment ect. example lets say the chemicals in it make it a flammable corrosive, and on the back of the bottle it say extremely flammable. its two different things. and different ways of treating these 2 substances being in two different groups/classes.

i will try to get more info or website that has their msds and or u should be able to call or e-mail them for it, and they have to give it to u, and i would leave out the part of ur buddy making epoxy for u.

View PostI have a buddy who owns an epoxy business and they can create one for me. Does anyone know where I can find the MSDS sheet on flexcoat lite or another similar epoxy used in rod building?

MSDS is the material safety data sheet that is required to be supplied by law to the general public.

I hear that flexcoat lite is a popular epoxy for surf rods.

hes a busy guy and asked me to do some of the homework for him to get this moving. His company mainly sells the additives for epoxies, and they can get almost anything im pretty sure its a big company. I will email them and get a copy