Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roccuslineatus1

To: HatterasJack

7 posts in this topic

Hi, new member. Did I do anything wrong in my post titled- Signed Habs Sr Needle? I read the rules and thought this was legal? I'm not soliciting offers just trying to establish a base line. Thanks in advance

View PostHi, new member. Did I do anything wrong in my post titled- Signed Habs Sr Needle? I read the rules and thought this was legal? I'm not soliciting offers just trying to establish a base line. Thanks in advance

you may have the most sincere and honest of intentions

but others may come along who aren't as honest in what they type in black and white

so despite your lack of knowledge (your description), the rules can't be "grey" ... they must be rigid and objective. If you could be 'fishing' for a behind the scenes offer, then it must be assumed that you are 'fishing' for one.

bottom line - you give too much information

BUT, Welcome to SOL

Thanks for your response and welcome. I'll put the post up in plugs to trade and see where she goes. I guess the best advice I gathered is start out asking high and see what happens, cant wait to see the ruthless comments I gather there. Good luck in the upcoming fishing season

View PostThanks for your response and welcome. I'll put the post up in plugs to trade and see where she goes. I guess the best advice I gathered is start out asking high and see what happens, cant wait to see the ruthless comments I gather there. Good luck in the upcoming fishing season

[typed into your post by mistake redface.gif ]

Be sure to check the rules in that B/S/T forum cause as of right now, you are short at least 1 post and you need more time and participation in other forums to be eligible

The idea being that B/S/T is for "participating members of this website"

PostsTotal Posts: 14 (13.87 posts per day)

View PostThanks for your response and welcome. I'll put the post up in plugs to trade and see where she goes. I guess the best advice I gathered is start out asking high and see what happens, cant wait to see the ruthless comments I gather there. Good luck in the upcoming fishing season

Just a couple things you should be aware of (you'll see this in the rules). Responders to your WTB, WTS, WTT threads are not welcome to comment on your pricing, WTB offers, or trade requests.

There is a little wiggle room if the comment is part of a legitimate offer. For example: "I'll offer you $30 for your plug as they sold a month ago for $20." would most likely be tolerated because it is part of the barganing process and is not insulting. If its purely commentary like, "Good luck getting that kind of money for a plug that sold for $20 a month ago" that poster would be subject to infraction points, deletion, and/or harsh criticism from the humble head tyrant.

If you feel that posts are inapropriate hit the report button and it will be reviewed by a mod. and the mod. will step in and lay the law downbeatin.gif. BTW the only threads you can close are threads in the BST that you started.

As I mentioned I am new hear and appreciate all help and suggestions I receive from members and I will do the same for fellow new members once I am wise to all the rules. Thank you for explaining the closed thread point, I went through the rules several times but could not locate anything to do with the topic. Thanks again and good luck in the upcoming season