Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamakatsu

In Liberterlandia?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

View PostDoes private industry handle nationwide health emergencies or initiatives such as swine flu or vaccination programs?

no. that would require initiation of force! epidemics would be free to run their course and those with the best genes or the means to isolate themselves would survive. thus making the market more effiecient!

I, like you Gami, know nothing about the costs associated with the gummit programs used to take care of smallpox, so we can't comment on how much better it may have been to farm the gig out to a private business. I do know it works pretty well in every other instance though.

View PostDo you think its the government's job to prevent you from getting sick, or treat you once you're sick?

I don't.

So you oppose government inspection of products coming from overseas and advocate letting the open market settle the issue of quality? And once a life threatening QC issued is detected, is it still not the government's job to get involved?

I think that the free market does not have an answer to pandemics or other critical, large scale health issues. So yes, I will defer to the government to keep safeguards in place. Some issues are too large scale to expect the free market to have an answer.

What happened to get you to trust people like Dick Cheney, "Brownie", jack Murtha, Tim Geithner, Barak Obama, Ram Emanual, Newt Gingrich, et al?

View PostWhat happened to get you to trust people like Dick Cheney, "Brownie", jack Murtha, Tim Geithner, Barak Obama, Ram Emanual, Newt Gingrich, et al?

Any reason I should trust Ken Lay, Jeffrey Schilling, Michael Milken, Bernie Madoff, Allen Stafford, etc more than the above mentioned?

View PostSo you oppose government inspection of products coming from overseas and advocate letting the open market settle the issue of quality? And once a life threatening QC issued is detected, is it still not the government's job to get involved?

I think that the free market does not have an answer to pandemics or other critical, large scale health issues. So yes, I will defer to the government to keep safeguards in place. Some issues are too large scale to expect the free market to have an answer.

why just products from overseas?

Hell, from now on, I want the government to test the plugs TimS sells. If I buy any from him, I want to know that when I hook a 50 or a 60 the plug won't fail. This would be a life threatening QC issue. I mean, imagine seeing that 60 in the water 50 feet from you and then all of a sudden the hook straightens out. You'd be scarred for life. Afraid to buy another plug. Afraid to go fishing again because that same thing might happen to you down the road. and you get depressed. And you drink. And you drink. And you ruin your life.

biggrin.gif

View PostSo you oppose government inspection of products coming from overseas and advocate letting the open market settle the issue of quality? And once a life threatening QC issued is detected, is it still not the government's job to get involved?

Protecting the citizenry against disease is something the government has no place in.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with national security.

Government should only defend the country against things the military can shoot.

View Postno. that would require initiation of force! epidemics would be free to run their course and those with the best genes or the means to isolate themselves would survive. thus making the market more effiecient!

That would be Eugenics! That is a leftist strategy...

View PostProtecting the citizenry against disease is something the government has no place in.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with national security.

Government should only defend the country against things the military can shoot.

i don't know-

it's pretty hard to kill a commie while you are coughing up a lung

there are some things that the constitution does give the government the power to do and it is not just national defense. I believe in the case of a pandemic that the government does have a job to do which is to assist in finding a cure. lets not forget they work for us.