Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JTR

Can you put together Penn Reels?

5 posts in this topic

I have three reels, all of which are in pieces right now. All of the parts are there and they are all packaged individually. There are 2 Penn 320GT2's and there is one Penn 6500SS. I have very little time on my hands and I am also struggling to put them back together. I am looking for someone reputable that could put them back together for me in exchange for a couple of plugs. I have a bunch of nice plugs, like RM's that I could trade you. The only thing that I ask is that you try to get them back to me asap and that you can at least describe to me that you are qualified to put these reels back together. Thanks a lot,

Jeff

P.S. For security purposes, I will send you the plugs after you return the reels back to me. I will pay for all shipping as well.

How far apart are the 320's ? completly broken down? how soon do you need them back? live down the cape, work in boston. pass scituate 2 times a day could meet you in person , i have alot of penns that i repair/clean myself , how ever i am not a pro, any needed parts i could pick up at RedTop in BB.. up too you.. could probably loan you a 330 need be and a spinner 7500ss if you need one? Whats the plug offer? i would want to see prior to deal..penns are the easiest reels to work on if you want to give it a shot. they are not the greatest reels , but the simplest. thats why i use thmbeers.gif

The 320's are completely broken down and degreased. I could meet you locally, but I won't be around Scituate until the 24th of May. I could wait until then and get back to you if you would like and we could work something out? I may try to put the 320's back together in the mean time, but I don't know how successful I will be.

JTR - I am by no means a pro but have close to 100 Penns, mostly SS and Zspinners but have a bunch of senators and internationals and a few jigmasters thrown in. I maintain all my reels, so am pretty well versed in them. Send me the 6500ss and I will get it done for you in a few days as long as parts don't need replacing. If you are happy then send the other two and we can work it out then. Let me know what you are willing to trade for the work on the 6500ss. BD

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0