Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Re-starting an old debate

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

...since I don't think I was part of SOL when this happened but...

Do you think it was fair that Micky Mantle was bumped to the top of the list for a liver transplant? Walter Payton did not use his 'celebrity status' to move up the list...

I'm not 'bothered' by his moving up the 'list', but the fact that People who needed the Liver, due to circumstances beyond their control, were denied it in favor of his self induced need.

Money talks baby...

I once had a patient who had drank himself to liver failure. Doctors all over told him to pack it in. He happens to be friends with a top doc at a major Boston hospital who gets the guy a liver. 3 months later we had him again. Body rejected the liver. Ain't that a *****? Karma baby...

Depends who you are. If you're Joe Blow with no money and Mickey gets your kidney cause he's rich & famous, then it sucks to be you. If you were rich & famous & got Joe Blow's kidney, then it's great to be you. Either way, it sucks to be Joe Blow.

Oh yeah, and ya's missed David Crosby.

View PostMy friends daughter got a liver transplant 2 years ago. Took about 2 years being bounced up and down the list due to all kinds of *stuff* none of which had anything to do with money <and she got it in JUST a nick of time to save her life-she was 10> I dont REALLY know Mickeys story but money DOES talk in life and I imagine it talks when your talking about buying yourself some time to live. My friend is a single-mom, no money and her daughter still got her liver.

If anyone wants to brighten up the day of my friends 12 year old daughter who has been in CHOP (Childrens Hosp of Philadelphia)for OVER a YEAR now (they left a sponge in when they did the liver transplant and shes been battling complications from it), PM me and Ill give you the info to send her an e-card thru the hospital website. She loves getting mail and cards!

I'll do more then that if possible- pm sent.