Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tall Paul

SOBX report

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

The big (6-12#) blue fish showed up at the Beaufort Inlet yesterday. The water was pretty muddied up so it was mostly bait fishing. Caught a pair of just over slot Reds in the mix. The best thing was the wind quit blowing 20-25 for most of the day. The cobia are out and about at the normal spots, just a little rough getting to them. Plenty of sea mullet (whiting) and gray trout (weakfish) in the turning basin and inlet. So if you are thinking of coming down, now is the time to come before the summer really get cranking, and the surfers, swimmers, and general pita's show up.

Is your report from a boat or on land?

I can second the big blue report. Also have had steady spanish action at a spot where there's a lot of bait and a lot of current at the end of the incoming. Nothing big, but a few fun 18-20"ers thrown in every now and then.

Planning on soaking some bait tomorrow to see if a big red comes along.

Hey Fishfood, the blues and drum are from the surf at Fort Macon, everything else is second hand info, from the boaters who come in the store. I saw 4 more cobia yesterday morning from 44-68#. Some guy hooked one in the inlet from shore on Sunday, but it was on a small rod so there wasn't a chance in ..... he was going to land it. But it was fun to watch as his rod and reel combo exploded, as the cobe realize it was hooked. Good Luck in your 2009 fishing season, I hope you get out more and catch bigger fish and more of them. Hope to see you somewhere on the beach or over at Radio Island.