Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lunker Sauce

Directions to Sandy Hook

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I usually fish south of Long Branch but want to take a trip to the hook today. Anyone know the best way to get there from East Windsor - exit 8 on the turnpike. Thanks!!!

sorry but thats funny.......you can pretty much see the hook from outer space, why do you need directions......anywhere that puts you on 36 or ocean blvd and youd be alright.beers.gif

ps the hook is just a few clicks north of long branch. cwm40.gifmoon.gif

Kinda understand this question, because you can cut through without driving TPK exit 11 and GSP exit 117 then RT36 to Sandy Hook.

It's a pain in the neck, but you can use google maps or mapquest to find the way.

Usually off hours you are better off the longer, but faster way.

View PostI usually fish south of Long Branch but want to take a trip to the hook today. Anyone know the best way to get there from East Windsor - exit 8 on the turnpike. Thanks!!!

take the turnpike to the parkway south. get off exit 117 follow signs for 36 south. drive about 12 miles on 36 south, when you go over the bridge make a left-sandy hook!

View PostI usually fish south of Long Branch but want to take a trip to the hook today. Anyone know the best way to get there from East Windsor - exit 8 on the turnpike. Thanks!!!

just go to Long Branch and take the beach road north headscratch.gif

I lived in East Windsor for a few years

Too much typing so PM me your phone number and I'll hook you up with the fastest way (which is none of the ways listed wink.gif )

Believe it or not the quickest way is Turnpike north to Exit 10 to 440 east to Parkway south to exit 117, and then 36 east.

I live in this area as well. I go Cranbury Rd, head through Spotswood to Bordentown Ave than cut through the GSP rest area. Wondering if the Turnpike route is quicker...

On the map the Turnpike route looks like your going out of the way and would be longer.

Striper Pyscho or Sudsy, you ever drive this route?

View PostI live in this area as well. I go Cranbury Rd, head through Spotswood to Bordentown Ave than cut through the GSP rest area. Wondering if the Turnpike route is quicker...

On the map the Turnpike route looks like your going out of the way and would be longer.

Striper Pyscho or Sudsy, you ever drive this route?

Your route? No, I haven't. The thing about the route I suggested is it can all be driven at highway speeds, so while mileage may be more, time is less.

I spent 1/2 hour typing out detailed directions then accidentally erased it 525

The short and sweet is 33 east

to Woodward/Tenant rd

to 520

Take a left in Lincroft and a right onto

West Front Street

Take a left before the steel bridge going to Red bank followed by a right onto

Navesink River Road

Across the Locust Ave Bridge

to Navesink Rd

to 36 in Highlands

Then over the bridge to Sandy Hook

Google map it

It's a bit slower if the Turnpike to 36 or Rt 18 to long Branch rts are moving quicky - However there are less lights and less chance of traffic backups, road construction, DWI checkpoints.......all the things that can crush you.