Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
striperri

newbie first plug

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Well this is my first attempt and my own plug. This is a true hand carve just a razor knife and sandpaper ... no power tools at all.

Pencil designed after my favorate pencil AH which is pictured to compare obviously no compare to Don but think cam nice

Here it is all sanded to 180 need to pickup some 220 before the next step.. which I have to read up on now

View Postcrackmightbe tough for me the first timethinkImight try pearl scaled with a light translucent yellow on top

Never attempted it myself but it looks awesome.Whatever you decide please post up the pic so we can see when its complete.

View PostWell this is my first attempt and my own plug. This is a true hand carve just a razor knife and sandpaper ... no power tools at all.

Pencil designed after my favorate pencil AH which is pictured to compare obviously no compare to Don but think cam nice

Here it is all sanded to 180 need to pickup some 220 before the next step.. which I have to read up on now

Nice shape. I assume sealing is your next step so I'd stick with the 180. I use 100 then seal then I go to 150 then after prime I go to 180 as my final. That's gonna slay, good luck with it.

drill first...you are going to want the sealer to get in all the surface area inside those holes.

Now wuestion is how are you going to drill? If by hand be carefull and start with a short bit to get you started then connect with a longer bit. pritty much always drilling tail first then connecting from the head.

practice on a few dowels first if doing by hand

good luck with that thing it is looking pritty good.

Try 5/32 for through hole and 3/8 for swivel. Rear weight hole is up to you based on what weight you are going to use. Next time, do your through hole before everything else. That way if you screw it up you won't have wasted your time carving it.

think it needs to be weighted ... wow so much to learn

you guys have some real patenice to do these in bulk

was going to start a pikie tonight so i I will pre drill it