Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snow0806

Sling packs

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

anyone have any opinions on the Patagonia double haul or the Orvis sling pack? ive been looking into getting one of the two for fishing the bays. only thing is the Orvis looks like it only can be used over the right shoulder and i think that would eventually get annoying while casting. the Patagonia looks like its worn over the left shouler but im not sure i would have the need for the front pouch. just need something that i can keep above the surf without getting soaked. also...would the zippers on these get corroded in the salt?

thanks

William joseph makes a satchel that I like alot. It's comfortable, light, and tough as nails. And it sits out of the way until you need it. I hate vests/chest packs.

IMG_02371.jpg

local...i didnt see that on their website. is it discontinued? thats why i asked about the patagonia and orvis. if i can find something like what u have, it might be worth taking a look at.

btw...nice red!!

thanks

I use the patagonia hawaiian sling. Its adjustable strap is comfortable on either shoulder, rooomy with three compartments, one waterproof and has exterior tie straps for a jacket or beach towel. zippers have rubber shields. It was disicontinued about two years ago, but may still be availalble in patagonia outlet stores. colors were solid blue, black or orange.

View Postlocal...i didnt see that on their website. is it discontinued? thats why i asked about the patagonia and orvis. if i can find something like what u have, it might be worth taking a look at.

btw...nice red!!

thanks

I just found one at sierratradingpost.com, looks like they're on sale for like 40 bucks?

View PostI just found one at sierratradingpost.com, looks like they're on sale for like 40 bucks?

nice...for that price i just might have to order one. did you take the front pouch off yours? it actually looks like it would be better that the patagonia at 1/3rd of the price.

The one with the front pouch is the equinox, it sucks. Make sure you get the "satchel". There's nothing to take off on the satchel, and the one on the equinox doesn't come off.

- My bad, it looks like they sold out at sierratradingpost.com, the only other ones I found were selling at normal retail prices at an e-bay store. 80 bucks.

http://www99.shopping.com/xPO-Willia...h_Satchel_Pack

View PostThe one with the front pouch is the equinox, it sucks. Make sure you get the "satchel". There's nothing to take off on the satchel, and the one on the equinox doesn't come off.

- My bad, it looks like they sold out at sierratradingpost.com, the only other ones I found were selling at normal retail prices at an e-bay store. 80 bucks.

http://www99.shopping.com/xPO-Willia...h_Satchel_Pack

I see that now...i eventually found the satchel...i thought u had the equinox without the front pouch. i was making it more confusing than it was. think i am going to have to order one this weekend...and for $40, if i dont like its no big deal...can always sell it

thanks local

I've been using sling packs for 3 seasons...all the lures and gear I could possibly want (usually more than I need) are but a "sling" away. I have been using an Under Armor sling pack ... it has 3 compartments plus a compartment on the strap...zippers are plastic ...it's padded for back support...and best of all it cost me $25. I've seen the Orvis pack...IMO better for fresh water or the saltwater minimalist.

I am starting this season with the WJ Sling Pack. I wanted Tightlines to order it for me but we found out it was discontinued. A little hunting on the internet paid off. I had the Equinox breifly (one or two trips) but did not like the permenantly attached chest pouch. I love WJ stuff-well made, well though-out, but that was not the pack for me (I donated it to the food fling, hopefully someone is fishing with it) Anyway I have the sling now and so far it is exactly what I want. I waded deep a couple weeks ago and found everything inside mostly dry. It is cavernous but comfortable, and as was said, it is out of the way until needed. Two thumbs up.Hoop