Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
purerockfury

new advertising a question....

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

i understand the need to support the site and maybe make a few dollars. but will this be like other sites i visit where the advertisements take over the site? i stopped going to a couple of sites (not fishing sites) because the advertisements were scrolling across the screen. or when you accidently put the mouse over them even if you don't click on them it will start a video with overly loud audio.

i already noticed the one at the bottom of the page for the transformers. animated and all. now add a bunch more and we're talking slow loading pages and all that fun.

i just hope it doesn't get out of hand...

I'll bet a year from now, things around these parts will be better than ever, and I wouldn't bet two big dogs could lick one little one.

Have faith in Tim, he isn't selling out and he built this world for the whole dysfunctional group of us to share, thats what makes the site the best. And comparing this site to others just isn't fair, if you've noticed not a lot of nonsense is tolerated, we've got a hands on type of boss. Can many of us say we could have done the job Tim has, I would've shut the door along time ago on some of the knuckleheads he has had to deal with.

I'd really like to the site become the number 1 fishing website because it deserves it, and being first is usually best. Best of luck SOL!!

i'm not selling tim short here. he's probably the best boss of any sites i go to. i just know how these advertisers get. this was the one site i go to where there wasn't ads popping up everywhere. or ads between posts in a thread.

i guess your right though. i shouldn't be too worried. tim is a good egg and wouldn't sell out like that. ok i think i'm feeling better.

View Posti understand the need to support the site and maybe make a few dollars. but will this be like other sites i visit where the advertisements take over the site? i stopped going to a couple of sites (not fishing sites) because the advertisements were scrolling across the screen. or when you accidently put the mouse over them even if you don't click on them it will start a video with overly loud audio.

i already noticed the one at the bottom of the page for the transformers. animated and all. now add a bunch more and we're talking slow loading pages and all that fun.

i just hope it doesn't get out of hand...

I bet Tim has put more $$$ and time into building and maintaining this site than he can ever hope to recover through ads. He has stated on several occassions that any ads will not interfere with our enjoyment and use of the site but are a necessary evil to help offset costs. He could of allowed advertising many years ago but hasn't. I'm sure it will be kept to a minumum and the ads will not detract from the boards.