Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahistick

Reels Relisted--Shimano Biomaster, Penn 500, Penn 3/0

14 posts in this topic

PRICES REDUCED

Shimano Biomaster 8000PG-JDM reel with features between Stradic and Sustain. Used less than a handful of time and in excellent condition. off-brand spectra will be stripped and can load with fresh 20lb Clear Berkley Big Game mono--$150

Penn 500 Jigmaster with Newell bars with brand new HT 100s. Used reel in good condition-line will be stripped and can load with fresh 30lb Clear Berkley Big Game mono--$40

Penn 112 with Newell bars and Newell aluminum spool with brand new HT 100s. Used reel in excellent condition-can load with either 30lb or 40lb Clear Berkley Big Game line--$40

Take both Penn 500 and 112 for $70

All prices include shipping to lower 48--US Postal Service money order please

Pictures at

DSC00049.JPG

DSC00048.JPG

It is a PG, but the previous model. Here's a description from the web...

The Biomaster is between the US Stradic and Sustain.

BTW, the graphite cloth-looking covering on the reel parts is protective tape. I've taken it off...barely can see any use...definitely no major scratches as can be seen on the bottom plate...

Hybrid Aluminum Body.

A-RB (Anti Rust Bearings).

Fluidrive® II.

Super Stopper® II.

Aluminum Cold Forged Spool.

Floating Shaft.

Power Roller III.

Titanium Spool Lip.

Waterproof Drag System.

Designed for Saltwater Fishing

8000PG

4.8:1

580 grams

7BB + 1RB

PE line/meters

PE5/240, PE6/180

View Postwhat are the specs on the Biomaster? Is this the previous model Biomaster or the current? Not a PG model is it?

Request for further description...

I'd say the reel is 9/9.5 (out of 10) in terms of mechanics and appearance. The reels has not been opened up or dunked. There is very little signs of usage, if any--most spinners would show signs on the bottom part of the rear part of the reel housing (refer to picture). No sizable fish caught on the reel.

As this is a Japanese Domestic reel, its has more features compared to the US 2008 Stradic, but less than the US Sustain. Shimano JDM reels do not come with an extra spool. Lastly, this reel costs over $240 when I was brought over by a friend. At $150, I thought it was a fair price.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0