Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhumphress

More POACHERS.....

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

There is someone that is charging groups of fisherman 20 dollars per person for a shuttle over to the south inlet jetty wall.. There were around 17 men and women on the jetty fishing to TOG. I could see them catching dozens of fish during my lunch time through a really powerful scope. They were actually catching them and eating them raw on the rocks. The DNR officer that was next to me said that even if he was to make it over to the rocks they would start throwing the fish back in and he could never convict them for anything.. "nothing would stand up in court"

This is just what i observed, There was nothing i could do about it but let others know that this is going on and maybe start the ball rolling for stopping this practice of over fishing....

I have been trying to contact ASSATEAGUE but as i understand the NPS only has any say up to the point where the hump is in the rocks. As far as where they board the island that is still an issue i am trying to talk the NPS about.

The DNR officer said that once they hit the boat they all only had 4 fish per person....

But the fishermen were eating and killing several fish right on the rocks...

I fully understand that the person that is delivering them to the rocks is making a living and I'm all for that. I have no issue with that, but these fishermen are breaking the law!!!!!!!!!

But how do you police such a remote problem...

Hey A. Skylar maybe you can get that camera to catch them in the act I know you have a Crazy ZOOM on that thing....

DNR Officer just sounds lazy to me.

If you (the DNR officer) can sit there and observe them keeping more than 4 tog then that right there is enough evidence to convict someone.

For such a blatant violations they should be able to sneak up on those people undercover and get them! Hire a DNR officer to blend into the crowd. There are million ways they could catch these crooks.

View PostI saw them this morning. So thats how they got over there! FYI The inlet is closed for parking because of springfest.

yeah i know but i was able to access the lot...

You could always try to take justice into you own hands and potentially going to jail for assault and battery, attempted murder, or even murder.

Is the life of few blackfish worth it?

Are you the Blackfish Savior?

As much as DNR, Park Police and CG patrol the inlet I can't imagine they would allow this to go on for long. You are talking oc inlet right? I don't recall a wall on the south side?

View PostYou could always try to take justice into you own hands and potentially going to jail for assault and battery, attempted murder, or even murder.

Is the life of few blackfish worth it?

Are you the Blackfish Savior?

Who said anything about vigilante justice?

Perhaps I thought about this all wrong all these years but isnt the beach off limits on that side ? I would think the jetty would be too and always thought it was .

With little to NO way of enforcing things "just like this" I think it should be against the law to be on that jetty .

Ok I'm done .

View PostI could see them catching dozens of fish during my lunch time through a really powerful scope. They were actually catching them and eating them raw on the rocks.

Smeagle ??

fishyfish.jpg

Video ....... the government use's it for everything else why not game law convictions?

Post signs that the DNR is video taping the inlet and violators would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. That should slow the violations way down if they think the eye in the sky is on them and a few are arrested.

View PostThere is someone that is charging groups of fisherman 20 dollars per person for a shuttle over to the south inlet jetty wall.. There were around 17 men and women on the jetty fishing to TOG. I could see them catching dozens of fish during my lunch time through a really powerful scope. They were actually catching them and eating them raw on the rocks. The DNR officer that was next to me said that even if he was to make it over to the rocks they would start throwing the fish back in and he could never convict them for anything.. "nothing would stand up in court"

This is just what i observed, There was nothing i could do about it but let others know that this is going on and maybe start the ball rolling for stopping this practice of over fishing....

I have been trying to contact ASSATEAGUE but as i understand the NPS only has any say up to the point where the hump is in the rocks. As far as where they board the island that is still an issue i am trying to talk the NPS about.

The DNR officer said that once they hit the boat they all only had 4 fish per person....

But the fishermen were eating and killing several fish right on the rocks...

I fully understand that the person that is delivering them to the rocks is making a living and I'm all for that. I have no issue with that, but these fishermen are breaking the law!!!!!!!!!

But how do you police such a remote problem...

Hey A. Skylar maybe you can get that camera to catch them in the act I know you have a Crazy ZOOM on that thing....

If they are getting off the boat with thier legal limit then there is no grounds for your complaint. eating fresh uncooked fish now that is kinda funny....I hope they had the sauce.

View PostIf they are getting off the boat with thier legal limit then there is no grounds for your complaint. eating fresh uncooked fish now that is kinda funny....I hope they had the sauce.

the limit is 4 fish per person per day!! enough said..

View PostIf they are getting off the boat with thier legal limit then there is no grounds for your complaint. eating fresh uncooked fish now that is kinda funny....I hope they had the sauce.

i said that once the dnr got there they only had 4... i saw stringers with alot more then just 4 fish on them...

They ditch the fish if they see the dnr...

i know what i saw!!!