Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
planter

South Shore Squid..........

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

The helen h start their squid trips this weekend so the time must be here or near.

It seems like most of the squidding is done on the South Side but does anyone squid on the South shore.confused.gif

I am NOT looking for a location, but rather what a good location should look like. Am I looking for a boat ramp or dock to jig from? Is light to attract them a benifit? If there are squidders around here I sure don't see them so I don't think crowding will be an issue. smile.gifwink.gif

It just seems like a good way to have a laugh with the Bud's or even the daughter and one of her friends. It's not like it's worth going smelt fishing anymore at anytime but am I looking for the same sorts of spots to fish? It sure does appear EQ can be kept to minimun and I do like eating them so what the heck. Thanks guys and if it's a pole number I DON"T want it!!wink.gif JK

I know some heavy duty squid guys bring generators and flood light setups to these places, like the boats lighting up the night when the squid are in. I sent you a pm with a little more info.

Good luck!

View Posthit a dock at the sandwich marina under the lights

Wow, way to burn a spot.

I use a snap/swivel on my jig as the little bit of extra weight seems to help the lighter jig I use dig down a bit....squid don't seem to mind one bit....and yes it is much fun...I suspect the kids would love it. Just don't wear nice clothes, and wash the ink off your skin quickly or that'll be stained for a couple days.

Bringing lights is unnecessary and often a lamp or flashlight will actually spook them. And they're not even always right around/under the lights out there.

i work with a guy from the hood who frequents boston fish piers and tells me the vietnamese use a particular japanese made squid jig to good effect