Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

If I were to want to launch my kayak to fish the Weweanatic River...

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

...where would I want to launch? I've mostly been a shorebound anger when fishing that area, fishing the Rt 6 bridges and adjacent marshes. Now that I've got a kayak, I wouldn't mind fishing that area and up past the telephone wires and beyond.

I know there's one launch down on Int 195...but how far of a kayak ride is that to the rt 6 bridge? And are there any places closer to launch. I know about the area of the telephone lines but don't have the vehicle to handle that hole infested dirt road.

I live off of Fearing Hill Rd in Wareham, and see people launching kyaks/Caonoes were the River crosses under the Road all the time. There are only a couple spots to park on the road but its usually available. Entering the River here would bring you to the Horse Shoe Dam in a few short minutes, just a short paddle south of the dam is the 195 Bridge. Pretty area to cruise/fish around. I have brought my boat from the mouth of the Weweantic right up to the DAM one day, it was a fun cruise and it is marked fairly well but you need to focus and pay attention in order to see the less than conspicous markers.

Good Luck and Have Fun wink.gif

I fish the WEWE a lot put in at the 195 ramp the rt 6 bridge is within site you can pm me for some spots or call me on the phone you should still have my # from buying your boat. Tony