Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJCoast82

Recommended Metal & Tins

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Always done most of my fishing with plugs and very few tins or metal. I was looking to addsome proven tins/metal to my arsenal and was wondering what everyone recommends? Thanks, J

Ava jigs. They have probably caught more fish in saltwater than any other lure. Hopkins,T hex's, and crippled herring are also really productive. The ava's really get down fast when you need em to. Good luck

Avas, in 1 and 3oz with different tube colors, i like green and red. Hopkins cast a mile and work great for the bluefish. Spro bucktails are nice to have too.

I've always had wonderful success using Crippled Herrings (hey, I'm CripCaster afterall!). Any size from 1 - 2oz, natural finishes (all silver, silver-green, silver/blue). Bass and especially blues love 'em.

I've caught just about everything that swims in our waters with the Point Jude 2 oz. Sea Scallop. Casts just as well and as far as a 3 oz. Kastmaster on my 2-5 oz. rated rod, but easier to keep from digging into the sand.

13 posts and not one mention of Kastmaster? kooky.gif

My personal favorite--great swimming action and you can fish it slower than most and in any part of the water column. Always carry 1 oz and 1 1/2 oz, sometimes 3/4, 2 or 3 oz too.