Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
42linesider

JCAA tourney from the south

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

We also fished the tourney out of Delaware bay on the Barely Awake. Didnt start out well as I went to the boat on Friday to do last minute stuff. Found my boat raped by some poor excuses for human beings. Ripped my teak wood door off its hasp and stole my 8 best rods and reel and the tackle box. Lost 4 penn 965s and 3 other penn outfits in the lot. To top it off my boat is located just 120 yards from the Port Norris branch of the state police. seems I was the fourth boat tho be hit in the past week or so.

Did some repairs and filed a report and headed for the sporting goods store. didnt find anything I was in love with so I just got some stealth and relined 2 old rods my dad gave me. Told the rest of the crew to bring what they had in tackle and we would make do.

We had a decent bite but couldnt find any pattern of good fish. Ended up with 10 keeper fluke to 3 pound 14 ounces, and 18 snapper blues. I kinda think we wound have found some better action if the blues werent destroying anything we put down there for bait. Seemed like you needed at least 4 pounds to place with a 6 plus pounder in first when we left the weigh in station.

I guess I cant complain too much, the pieces of cow dung who robbed me didnt have enough sence to take the 500 dollar gps/plotter or the 400 dollar fish finder, so it wasnt totally crushing. Dont expect many of you to be from that area but if anyone comes across a 965 on a basspro IM8 rod, or a Cabelas Rod, report em to the state police for me.

Maybe we'll see some of you at the awards ceremony, sure could hurt to win the boat after all this.