Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bloocrab

Kodak DC5000

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Has anyone returned their camera???

...I haven't had any problems with mine, and I'm not sure if I should do it or not.

I guess I'm looking for ..."how long did they have it?"

...and..."what exactly are they doing to them?"...

I don't want to get it back with a problem that never existed. icon15.gif

I haven't returned mine yet, but I did respond to the e-mail and am waiting for the return packet to come. I'll probably send mine in since I let my son use it all the time and don't want him to get shocked. I also don't want to have it short out from a shock. I'll post how long it takes to get back.

Keep me updated with this please. I want to keep my ears in on this one. I have an old coworker that sent in hers friday and want to see the turnaround also on this for me and my buyer so we can let customers know about this

thanks

Mike

I filled out the form, got the box and will wait until I'm not using the camera to send it back. I've not had any problems with mine either, but better safe than bbzzzzzztt!!?!

TimS

Just an update. I sent the camera out yesterday morning. I just checked the tracking number and it was already delivered at 9:37AM to Kodak. Now we will see how quickly they get it back.

Another update: I got an e-mail from Kodak late this afternoon that they had completed work on the camera and had sent it out with Airborne sometime today. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Arne

Final Update: Camera arrived at 10AM or so. Total of 8 days since I sent it out. They included an extra 8MB CompactFlash card for my trouble.

Now to see if it still works. icon15.gif

Arne

Mine was out for 8 days total.

I got the box within two days of emailing them.

I got the email saying they got it within 2 days of shipping it.

I got the email saying that it was on its way back 3 days before I got it back.

I also had other repairs done on my camera while it was there. The flash had just quit working about 3 months ago... I just couldn't bear to be without the camera for that long.. too much fishing going on. Since I was sending it in anyways, I had them fix the flash as well. No problemos...

Pretty darn good service.