IBSP Rangers

joeturse

View PostThey can be a little harsh at times. My father, my brother, my wife and me were fishing at IBSP and we had 5 poles in the water and my brother and I decided to play catch with a football while watching our lines, well here comes the ranger who tells us to put the ball away or leave! Now come on, the beach wasn't packed, we had lines in the water and it was just two younger guys enjoying a football toss...kooky.gif

A few years back when my kids were little on a hot summer day we went to the beach in Seaside. Nice beach, dragged the chairs, umbrella , cooler, and the family down to the sand. proceeded to toss a frisbee to my oldest, whistle blows, lifeguard stands up in the stand and with a megaphone announces "No frisbee's on the beach", huh?, next a football , again the whistle and another reprimand, ok, now for the clincher, my twins were about 5 at the time, both had life jackets on and were playing at the waters edge, lifeguard comes down off of the stand, approaches my kids and tells them thay have to remove their life jackets, huh?, Within a few seconds I'm there to hear whats going on, the lifegaurd explains to me that life jackets are not permitted on a beach cuz' it gives a false sense of security. I explained for the parents it gives a sense of security and that I was far more comfortable with them wearing one than not. I explained if I agreed to take the life jackets off and my kids drowned , I'd own the beach, their houses and their parents and grandparents houses and everything they owned. Guess what, I was asked to leave. No problem, I've not been to a NJ beach for swimming since. We never got to the cooler which had water botles , snacks and sandwiches, I'm sure they had some of rule with that too.

Shows NJ has no clue when it comes to families and beaches and common sense. I agree when the beach is crowded perhaps its not a place to be tossing things as others could be inconvenienced but the life jacket removal just twisted me around.

Every year we go to OBX for a week of beach, free admission, no crowds, set-up a tent, bring a cooler full of beverages (alcohol included), footballs, whiffle ball, frisbees, bocce, its all welcomed. The lifeguards drive up and down the beach on ATV's, they stop and chat and we give them water and snacks, no Gestapo tactics whatsoever.

I really question why anyone goes to the beach in NJ!!

So,

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

View PostA few years back when my kids were little on a hot summer day we went to the beach in Seaside. Nice beach, dragged the chairs, umbrella , cooler, and the family down to the sand. proceeded to toss a frisbee to my oldest, whistle blows, lifeguard stands up in the stand and with a megaphone announces "No frisbee's on the beach", huh?, next a football , again the whistle and another reprimand, ok, now for the clincher, my twins were about 5 at the time, both had life jackets on and were playing at the waters edge, lifeguard comes down off of the stand, approaches my kids and tells them thay have to remove their life jackets, huh?, Within a few seconds I'm there to hear whats going on, the lifegaurd explains to me that life jackets are not permitted on a beach cuz' it gives a false sense of security. I explained for the parents it gives a sense of security and that I was far more comfortable with them wearing one than not. I explained if I agreed to take the life jackets off and my kids drowned , I'd own the beach, their houses and their parents and grandparents houses and everything they owned. Guess what, I was asked to leave. No problem, I've not been to a NJ beach for swimming since. We never got to the cooler which had water botles , snacks and sandwiches, I'm sure they had some of rule with that too.

Shows NJ has no clue when it comes to families and beaches and common sense. I agree when the beach is crowded perhaps its not a place to be tossing things as others could be inconvenienced but the life jacket removal just twisted me around.

Every year we go to OBX for a week of beach, free admission, no crowds, set-up a tent, bring a cooler full of beverages (alcohol included), footballs, whiffle ball, frisbees, bocce, its all welcomed. The lifeguards drive up and down the beach on ATV's, they stop and chat and we give them water and snacks, no Gestapo tactics whatsoever.

So,

Yeah they can be strict, but, like you said, it's often about crowds. You should give it another shot. You have this tremendous resource that can give you and your kids years of enjoyment right in your backyard. My family and I are beach bums. We love the Jersey beaches even with all of the rules.

View Post Every year we go to OBX for a week of beach, free admission, no crowds, set-up a tent, bring a cooler full of beverages (alcohol included), footballs, whiffle ball, frisbees, bocce, its all welcomed. The lifeguards drive up and down the beach on ATV's, they stop and chat and we give them water and snacks, no Gestapo tactics whatsoever.

So,

clapping.gifclapping.gif We go to Nags Head most summers and absolutley love that place. We bring all of the beach nessesities, and never have a problem. The fishing is also very good (small fish, but many) during the summer.

I remember the first time a mounted saw me drinking a beer while I was fishing for some Virginia Mullet. He kidded around and joked about having another. Can you imagine that here?

It is such a fun peacful vibe. Going to the land of the Big Mouse this summer, but will be back next summer for 2 relaxing weeks.

The rules for IBSP have changed a bit recently. Not a big change though. From Gillikens to the Bathing beaches, you must be actively fishing. This hasn't changed, as stated in an earlier post.

From A7 (fisherman's walk), down to the jetty, people the age of 12 and over, must be actively fishing after 8 p.m. That is the change. Last year, and prior years, midnight was the hour that the football throwers and kite flyers had to leave, or start fishing for real.

Ryan
19 years and still Proudly Serving!

(member previously known as 'basslover')

View PostBeach badges, parking fees, high refreshment prices. Why go to any NJ beach. It sucks.

I can understand the frustration with high prices for beach access, wether it's by foot, or beach buggy.

But with so many people coming to the Jersey Shore to relax, and unwind, then leave their trash and broken beach umbrellas laying in the sand, I'd like to think that the money we pay to get on a beach is going towards paying someone to clean their mess up.

But come to think of it, if you want to fish brick beach or seaside heights in July, you don't have to pay. I've never seen a fisherman pay to get a beach badge. Even Belmar is free for us.

Ryan

View PostI can understand the frustration with high prices for beach access, wether it's by foot, or beach buggy.

But with so many people coming to the Jersey Shore to relax, and unwind, then leave their trash and broken beach umbrellas laying in the sand, I'd like to think that the money we pay to get on a beach is going towards paying someone to clean their mess up.

But come to think of it, if you want to fish brick beach or seaside heights in July, you don't have to pay. I've never seen a fisherman pay to get a beach badge. Even Belmar is free for us.

Very true. I wait until the beach closes (per the rules) and walk on to fish at no charge.

In my previous post I was refering to actual beach goers having to pay way too much to use what they should already own for free.

I am old but I'm slow.

View PostA few years back when my kids were little on a hot summer day we went to the beach in Seaside. Nice beach, dragged the chairs, umbrella , cooler, and the family down to the sand. proceeded to toss a frisbee to my oldest, whistle blows, lifeguard stands up in the stand and with a megaphone announces "No frisbee's on the beach", huh?, next a football , again the whistle and another reprimand, ok, now for the clincher, my twins were about 5 at the time, both had life jackets on and were playing at the waters edge, lifeguard comes down off of the stand, approaches my kids and tells them thay have to remove their life jackets, huh?, Within a few seconds I'm there to hear whats going on, the lifegaurd explains to me that life jackets are not permitted on a beach cuz' it gives a false sense of security. I explained for the parents it gives a sense of security and that I was far more comfortable with them wearing one than not. I explained if I agreed to take the life jackets off and my kids drowned , I'd own the beach, their houses and their parents and grandparents houses and everything they owned. Guess what, I was asked to leave. No problem, I've not been to a NJ beach for swimming since. We never got to the cooler which had water botles , snacks and sandwiches, I'm sure they had some of rule with that too.

So,

View PostBeach badges, parking fees, high refreshment prices. Why go to any NJ beach. It sucks.

i live 1 block from the ocean and have for some time longer than these people that claim to be "local". these rules that are in place now make it very hard for me to enjoy where i live. its kind of like the beach gets taken over by some greasy kooks and they law and lifeguards cater to them!! you cant fish. you cant surf. you cant swim. you cant launch a kayak. you cant play ball. you cant have a cooler. i meant what the eff!! the only thing that you are allowed to do is lie there like a lame azz benny and get a sunburn!! its out of control!!

View PostVery true. I wait until the beach closes (per the rules) and walk on to fish at no charge.

In my previous post I was refering to actual beach goers having to pay way too much to use what they should already own for free.

say that when you're standing on the beach with a kayak and the fish are blowing up outside and the over the top lifeguards are telling me i cant launch off the beach!!

i really wanna know when the heck nj became BAYWATCH?? i mean these d*cks are employed for 2 months and think that they own the whole ocean front!! most of them are jocks from school that were never any good at the sport they played and now have a little bit of power and take it too far. kinda like the kid that got picked on his whole life and is now a cop. they arent even good watermen. i mean im in the water a lot! a whole lot, surfing, fishing, boating, kayaking, and these guys(i would use another word but cant) cant even paddle out a rescue board throught 2' surf. LET ALONE SAVE SOMEONES LIFE!!! the whole summer thing is out of control!! now they are checking for beach badges on MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!! i mean really give us a little. wait till highschool is out!! its rediculous!! mad.gif

im all for ibsp in the summer. at least i can fish there. obx is even better but hard to do EVERYDAY!!

ok rant over..

-Hey dumbass it's not about a kill or no kill tournament, it's about how much your 2nd favorite club can mug you! That's it...

-the reports thread is the yenta section for NJ..  

-If’n ya cut yer teeth on Ava and teaser fishing please take a seat in the back and keep quite… 

-is monkey see monkey do fishing even fun..?? 
-yes I still fish with mono..  On occasion 

View PostVery true. I wait until the beach closes (per the rules) and walk on to fish at no charge.

Yeah, it is getting crazy with the badge fees. I don't know what they will be this year, but last year I saw $7.00 at a couple beaches. At least IBSP charges by the car load.

It's still cheaper than Six Flags though!!

Ryan

I almost had a bad encounter with a park ranger yesterday....on Brick Blvd! My bad--I was on the phone when he pulled up next to me-and being in a convertible, he could SEE what I was doing. When I saw the 'State Park Police' on the side of the truck, I put the phone down. He came on his loudspeaker and said 'hey you--put the phone down or Ill pull you over and write you a ticket'. redface.gif Beware.....they patrol 'the streets' too!