Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pastormarty

regular smoothies vs. extreme smoothies

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

xtreme smoothies are awesome, imho... i put them in my abu's before i even fish them... recently got a pair of the new metal smoothies to replace the existing metal washers in a 6500.. combined with the xtreme smoothies they are VERY strong and smooth compared to the factory drags which leave a little to be desired...

Also, M&M's with chocolate syrup are best for the dairy queen variety.

Thumburner, Do you install the smoothies dry (as is), or do you coat them with something? I'm abour to install some in my MagElite and was just curious.

------------------

KenK

"Wishin I was Fishin"

SOL# 54

Not to rob Pastormarty's thread but I have a question......

I purhcased the Smoothies last year for my Abu 7000C3's. I tried them in one reel to see if I really liked them. My question is this.....

"Does the installation of smoothies limit the drag wheels turning ability?? I.e. when I installed them, most of the play in the drag star went away and there is very little adjusting that I can do. It goes from fairly tight to real tight drag. Did I do something wrong???"

Thanks

------------------

Bob Thomas

bearfish.gif

SOL #162

just going out on a limb here......

but i think that the extreme smoothies are just like the regular smoothies.....only smoother.

i like mine w/yogurt and strawberries.

mmmmmmmm............smoooothies

i'm losing it

Hey WorcBoy.....go jump headfirst off the 290 bridge!! devil.gifHappyWave.gifhammer-time.gif

I did just as someone instructed in an earlier thread......dry, clean and in the propper order.......maybe it's just me but they don't "Feel right"

------------------

Bob Thomas

bearfish.gif

SOL #162

they go on dry... i've noticed the opposite in the amount of "adjustability".. get several more turns of adjustment it seems.. did you put the "extra" one under the main gear?

------------------

I may be small... But I'm slow!!

TB,

Whatever was in the little package, I put in the reel. If I recall correctly, there was one that went under a gear then had to stack the rest alternating smoothie then washer etc.

------------------

Bob Thomas

bearfish.gif

SOL #162

OK, I dug in this weekend and installed the Xtreme Smoothies in my Abu Mag Elite. Problem is I got a little bit of grease on the one smoothie washer...how do you clean them. Help!

------------------

KenK

"Wishin I was Fishin"

SOL# 54

Bob, sounds like you definately know what you are doing... make absolutely sure that all the stuff in the drag stack is in the right order.. also, if i remember correctly there are two concave washers near the top.. the curve should be out on those so that the center of the washers touch each other.. hope that makes sense.. not sure it did to me... i've probably put 10 sets in for myself and other folks and haven't had the problem you suggest... sorry i can't be of more help

------------------

I may be small... But I'm slow!!