Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Hairy Beast

Two Salmon At Winni Saturday

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

It was dark, the current at Alton almost dead. The wind ripping right in my face off Alton bay. Trying to bull my fly out off the end of the dock into a gale of spitting rain was a nightmare.

But it worked. I got 5 hookups, landed 2.

SrerNx96-j8

HUNbtb6nqw4

My goal is to shoot video of every fish I catch this year.

Nice Vids. I was in Alton Sunday, but just to look at the fire damage and grab some chinese food, but now I'm thinking I should have brought the fly rod with me. Keep up the vids!

Got most of my honey do list done THE boss said I can get the boat out of storage tomorrow I'll be on Sebago by the end of the week! Hopefully I'll be hitting salmon too...

I am glad you guys are enjoying the vids - I was concerned that I am becoming a bit of a pest with them.

I think I am about done with salmon for now. That spot's petering out because the river current is dying. No rain. Plus the bass have moved in and when that happens it's generally all she wrote.

My next focus will be to get out the float tubes and patch em up for the start of the pond season. I think I can get some cools shots of trout on dry flies if I can figure out a safe way to rig the camera onto the the tube - this cam will not tolerate a dunking.

I am also going to float tube for stripers this year - i know a few relatively safe spots.

View PostI am glad you guys are enjoying the vids - I was concerned that I am becoming a bit of a pest with them.

I think I am about done with salmon for now. That spot's petering out because the river current is dying. No rain. Plus the bass have moved in and when that happens it's generally all she wrote.

My next focus will be to get out the float tubes and patch em up for the start of the pond season. I think I can get some cools shots of trout on dry flies if I can figure out a safe way to rig the camera onto the the tube - this cam will not tolerate a dunking.

I am also going to float tube for stripers this year - I know a few relatively safe spots.

The land locks are still hitting on Sebago!

I am glad you guys are enjoying the vids - I was concerned that I am becoming a bit of a pest with them.

just because i don't say anything dosen't mean i'm not smiling, keep em comming icon14.gif

cain't wait for the one that smokes ya..biggrin.gif

View PostThe land locks are still hitting on Sebago!

I'm fishing rivers and rivermouths, but this rain has been a godsend! Just checked the web cam at Alton and the current is ripping again! The season is not dead after all.