Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
labrador 1

Cabelas Salt Striker

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I have wondered the same thing. Have used Cabelas tackle on numerous occassions fishing from boats and sod banks with no complaints.

I have a pair of their Predator Rods,11ft, actually for fresh water but do just fine in the briney.Just have to maintain 'em like you would anything else.Guides ain't the greatest and neither are the reelseats but for the money and qith some TLC they're super.Not sure where on the Pacific rim they're(the reels)made.The Predator rods are built in the PRC using PAC Bay guides but not sure about the reelseat.Its the worst piece of hardware on the rod and does take some care.My bet is the reel is made by Marado but can't be sure.

At the price for the reels and with Cabelas return policy its hard to go wrong unless its a real piece of junk.Neil

I bought one when they had them on sale for $50 a few months back. I think it was a Salt Striker Inshore 6'6" MH fast action spinning rod. Haven't used it yet but it looks like a great graphite rod for the money, and I have it earmarked for the Kayak this Spring.

[This message has been edited by The ORB (edited 01-20-2003).]