Is the Religious Right done with Politics?

Rate this topic

mcurtiss

View PostDude,

GMOF says it best. There is an active attitude of hostility toward faith (especially Christian) and if you remove it in a hostile manner from government (especially the way our government is growing), from schools, from the byways of life...you will have gone a long way to suppressing it. I think you are being a bit coy.

Not being coy at all. Religion should be removed from government, and religions will always infight (ie. atheists vs. Christians), but there's no mechanism that's actively restricting the exercise of religion. It's just an attempt at playing the victim to me.

i agree that there is some backlash against Christianity (some of it self-inflicted) by some people; but I don't see it coming from government necessarily. maybe its filtering up from the constituency to the representatives, but I don't see it.

"I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin'. I'm not talkin' 'bout day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout shahkin'!"

View Post
Which rulings?

I'm thinking of SCOTUS rulings in which that language was used.

Cannot cite case name off the top of my head.

Justice Rhenquist/Renhquist and Scalia have used that language.

Fixing the quote.

Quote:Originally Posted by Mark LevinLiberals tell you the government sucks, and they want more of it!

View Posti agree that there is some backlash against Christianity (some of it self-inflicted) by some people; but I don't see it coming from government necessarily. maybe its filtering up from the constituency to the representatives, but I don't see it.

It is filtering up from constituents to legislators.

Over the last 10-15 years, militant homosexuals comprised the vanguard against religion, particularly bible based/oriented religions.

Biblical teaching is the basis for Christian (and other religions') opposition to homosexuality. If the bible can be "gotten rid of" and/or bible based religions demonized, opposition to homosexuality will lessen; that's the militants' strategy.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?

View PostIt is filtering up from constituents to legislators.

Over the last 10-15 years, militant homosexuals comprised the vanguard against religion, particularly bible based/oriented religions.

And bible based/oriented religions comprised a vanguard against homosexuality. Not surprisingly, the homosexuals fought back.

Regardless, how has this vanguard against religion manifested intself with our legislators? What have the legislators done to further the group's aim?

View PostAnd bible based/oriented religions comprised a vanguard against homosexuality. Not surprisingly, the homosexuals fought back.

Regardless, how has this vanguard against religion manifested intself with our legislators? What have the legislators done to further the group's aim?

Politicians have legislated changes in public school curricula under the rubrics of diversity and inclusiveness. A partial objective of these changes is to normalize, and make homosexuality more acceptable.

Homosexual advocacy groups have pressured legislators to enact hate crime laws.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?

View PostHomosexual advocacy groups have pressured legislators to enact hate crime laws.

and churches would otherwise support hate crimes?

"I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin'. I'm not talkin' 'bout day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout shahkin'!"

View PostPoliticians have legislated changes in public school curricula under the rubrics of of diversity and inclusiveness. The objective of these changes is to normalize, and make homosexuality more acceptable.

Homosexual advocacy groups have pressured legislators to enact hate crime laws.

And these changes in the schools are?

And hate crimes statutes restrict religion how?

View PostBiblical teaching is the basis for Christian (and other religions') opposition to homosexuality. If the bible can be "gotten rid of" and/or bible based religions demonized, opposition to homosexuality will lessen; that's the militants' strategy.

And this involves the government how?