Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcurtiss

Is the Religious Right done with Politics?

Rate this topic

174 posts in this topic

I think Patrick is trying to convey a tough opinion to explain. Correct me if I'm wrong Patrick, but are you trying to say that enacting restrictive laws and policies on the sole basis of religious sentiment is against the spirit of our laws?

View PostPatrick, you're doing all the work for me here, so i guess I'll just sit back and enjoy the show!

You drink the Kool_Aid and lick the copper penny... Wow you really are something special...smile.gif

View PostI think Patrick is trying to convey a tough opinion to explain. Correct me if I'm wrong Patrick, but are you trying to say that enacting restrictive laws and policies on the sole basis of religious sentiment is against the spirit of our laws?

All laws are by nature restrictive. Patrick is having trouble for a damn good reason, Dude - how does one restrict participation in government for one group because he doesn't approve of their "sole motivation" and remain within the "spirit of our laws"?

View PostI think Patrick is trying to convey a tough opinion to explain. Correct me if I'm wrong Patrick, but are you trying to say that enacting restrictive laws and policies on the sole basis of religious sentiment is against the spirit of our laws?

Someone who gets it!

View PostSomeone who gets it!

Naw, we get it Patrick. This view is held by the majority of Americans. In fact, I'll bet it's actually held by the majority of American Christians.

Still, you have to leave room for religiously based arguments against things like abortion. Everyone one of us, even those that do not believe in a god, still have a core sense of what we think is right or wrong. Perhaps we just call it ethics. It's not too much different from taking a position on morals based in religious belief.

View PostNaw, we get it Patrick. This view is held by the majority of Americans. In fact, I'll bet it's actually held by the majority of American Christians.

Still, you have to leave room for religiously based arguments against things like abortion. Everyone one of us, even those that do not believe in a god, still have a core sense of what we think is right or wrong. Perhaps we just call it ethics. It's not too much different from taking a position on morals based in religious belief.

Watch the film : unborn in america....

You dont need to have any religious persuasion to oppose abortion after you see that... any decent human being would be appalled!!

View PostNaw, we get it Patrick. This view is held by the majority of Americans. In fact, I'll bet it's actually held by the majority of American Christians.

How do you think they would feel if we injected politics into their religion?

View PostWatch the film : unborn in america....

You dont need to have any religious persuasion to oppose abortion after you see that... any decent human being would be appalled!!

Then don't have an abortion. Pretty simple.

Also, after a google search, it's called Unborn in the USA. Must have been really good if you couldn't remember the title. cwm27.gif

View PostHow do you think they would feel if we injected politics into their religion?

That's the problem Patrick - it's not your politics - everybody has a right to participate in their governance, even people you don't like.

View PostThat's the problem Patrick - it's not your politics - everybody has a right to participate in their governance, even people you don't like.

Well how about we start a vote and start telling the Christian churches how to act?

View PostThen don't have an abortion. Pretty simple.

Also, after a google search, it's called Unborn in the USA. Must have been really good if you couldn't remember the title. cwm27.gif

Let children be killed- simple, indeed.