Loaded Plastics...

Rate this topic

J44

O.k. So Confused,2hours Searching...hopefully This Will Be Simple...these Are My Doubles,i Would Like To Have Loaded,how Much Weight Can Be Added Without Losing To Much Of Their Majic??? I Will Be Using A Postal Scale,and Can I Use This Lead Shots I Have Instead Of Water/oil??? Last Question,what Plastics Cant Be Loaded,with Lead/water/oil...thank You...

J44:

you can load any HOLLOW plastic lure. So I think you can do all the ones in your photo execpt the rebels. (I think).

rule of thumb (10cc of water =20 bbs =130 (#8) birdshot)-all of which is fine for the 7" bombers and redfins. For the smaller bombers/redfins, you may want to use less. (e.g. 1/2 that amount)

Experiment and let us know how they swim

salt water is more buoyant than fresh

-Hey dumbass it's not about a kill or no kill tournament, it's about how much your 2nd favorite club can mug you! That's it...

-the reports thread is the yenta section for NJ..  

-If’n ya cut yer teeth on Ava and teaser fishing please take a seat in the back and keep quite… 

-is monkey see monkey do fishing even fun..?? 
-yes I still fish with mono..  On occasion 

Here you go

Approximately

10cc water for 7"

12cc for Cordell PP

5 to 6 cc for 5 " redfin or 16A bomber

When loaded right they float like picture been doing it that way since the 60's they swim great and catch fish

A-Salts cant be loaded

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Just load a few 7"Redfins with BB"s from Sports Authority,I used 18 BB's tried them today casted very well into a stiff wind.They swam very well.Made my comparision with Red Fins filled with 10 cc's of water,didn't see any difference in the swimming.So until there's a problem I'm going with the BB's.

Maybe this youtube video will help you out. By Steve McKenna of Saltwater's edge, great video on how to load cotton cordell redfins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>