Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Interest in T-LDBSG size 6?

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

How many people are REALLY intrested in Fuji TLDBSG's? I am considering stocking these in size 6, but I have to order 100 pieces. I want to make sure before I spend several hundred dollars for a small bag of guides, that people will actually buy them.

Right now the price is 700 yen in the Fuji catalouge, which translates to about $7.50 per guide, which is actually right in line with the US price on Fuji TLSG size 8.

I'm wondering if it is the price, or the availibility tht is preventing people from buying them? If they were readiliy available in the US, would people buy them?

It's too bad I don't have $25,000 laying around, with all the interest in BSVAG's, I would get 100 sets of T-HVSG's from 30 down to 16. I don't know how many people would be into spending $56 on a size 30 guide though, lol.

FWIW, I'm not looking for people to order them inthis thread, I'm just wondering if people think it would be worth it for me to stock them.

Mike - they are a LOT stronger than regular single foots, and yes they are Titanium. I've used them on several rods, here are what I have them on, and imo's

Size 4 - FLuke bucktail rods, conventional and spinning. I have them on a GUSA 703DHX, and an 82L. I do have small knots pass through these, 10# braid -15# mono uni-uni.

Size 6 - these re flat out heavy duty SF guides. I have them on a GUSA 70 MEga MAg which I use for party boat blackfishing, s well as a lighter spinning rod. 50 & 65# braid, 40 & 50# Mono uni to uni pass through for bottom fishing, but for casting it'll probably be a bit of a problem with that heavy line. SIze 30 braid & 30@# Mono will probably pass through this size no problem on a surf rod. On the lighter fluke rod they are overkill.

People worry abotu the strangth of the smaller guides, even teh regular fly guide (LSG). IF you take a paper clip and bend it it's pretty easy to do. IF you take that paper clip, cut it to 1/4" long - its' almost impossible to bend. Thta is exactly how it is with the smaller guides - MUCH easier to damage a size 8 than a size 4, in spite of what one might think.

HEre are a couple of photos of the guides. From left to right....BUNAG, CUNAG, CLAG, TLDBSG's, and on the right are MKSG. THe bottom photo is courtesy of CanyonDiver, it's the size 2.5 inside teh size 6 - notice the beefy frame.

1foot_guides.jpg

micros.jpg

View PostHEre are a couple of photos of the guides. From left to right....BUNAG, CUNAG, CLAG, TLDBSG's, and on the right are MKSG. THe bottom photo is courtesy of CanyonDiver, it's the size 2.5 inside teh size 6 - notice the beefy frame.

1foot_guides.jpg

micros.jpg

Ooooooh, another micro guide thread!!! Where's BC and Saltheartbiggrin.gifcwm27.gifbiggrin.gif

I think so, too. I ordered some more last night (the gunsmoke LDBs) to finish a GSB 108 1M.

These have to be better than the T-UNs I am using on a GSB 120 2L -- two coats of FC and those guides can still be slid around (damn tiny, wedge-shaped feet). I was warned here on SOL, but I had already bought them so I took the chance. I'm going to have to have to aply a 3rd coat with generous application around the beginning of the exposed frame.

i think you be able to move enough to make a 100 pc order a good idea. i would love to check these out just havent gone throught the hassel of ordering them yet. there are a couple of different T guides i would like but they would need to come from japan. i would definitely take a dozen of those from you