Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RegDunlop

senko rigging pictures

13 posts in this topic

anybody got any pics of rigrd senkos?

i bought some 3/0 gami worm hooks and 5" black senkos today

new to the freshwater game, i am going to try when i'm down in Fla the 2nd week of April

Rig them as you would a worm fished texas or carolina style. Hook out the head and then bury the hook into the worm so that it is straight across the hook. Fish them weightless as that have enough weight to cast on their own. Fish them tight to cover - 90% of your hits on them will come on the first drop. I like to let it drop once or twice then walk them back just below the surface.

After you rig it drop it over the side and make sure it is doing its wiggle thing - if not rerig until the action is right.

A tip is to slip a finishing nail into the tail of it so it falls as if a baitfish is struggling to get to the surface.

View Postanybody got any pics of rigrd senkos?

i bought some 3/0 gami worm hooks and 5" black senkos today

new to the freshwater game, i am going to try when i'm down in Fla the 2nd week of April

I would use a 4/0 Hook in Florida (Trust mewink.gif )

Great baits but because of their high salt content don't poke a hook into a Senko any more than you need to as they fall apart easily. If you rig wacky rig get some small O rings from Home Depot or Lowes (can't remember the size) then put your hook through the O ring, not the Senko.

View PostGreat baits but because of their high salt content don't poke a hook into a Senko any more than you need to as they fall apart easily. If you rig wacky rig get some small O rings from Home Depot or Lowes (can't remember the size) then put your hook through the O ring, not the Senko.

you can also buy a cheap pack of american tackle split rings slide them over the senko and rig like the same as the o ring. It gets them down quicker and make them wobble much much more.