Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrTeek

Penn Senator Rod 3/0 FS

7 posts in this topic

Looking to sell a mint 6'6" Penn senator rod 3/0 20-40lb. Model number is 3130rs.

Perfect condition overall, used only once. Roller guides are in perfect condition too. Yours for $60 or b/o. Now I'll be honest....I've never shipped a rod like this before, so I'm hoping the buyer can help me out on how to do this. I'm willing to pay half the shipping costs, the buyer the other half.

Also available for local pickup, I'm located in the central NJ area. Good luck!

View PostWhat type of guides are those? Good for wire line trolling?

If so, I could take it.

If its not too bad in Central NJ I can pick it up.

Fish doctor,

The guides in the middle of the rod are stainless steel. The rod has AFTCO roller guides on the tip and rear.

I assume they'd be good for wire line trolling since they're stainless steel. I'd ask someone more knowledgeable on the forum since I don't boat fish. Hence why I'm offering this beauty to all of yousmile.gif

- Nate

Correction for Fish doctor, just found some info. The guides in between the roller guides are chrome plated steel. For those looking, here is a better description from epinions:

Tough Sticks - One piece, blank-through-butt construction makes these rods practically indestructible. Lightweight solid fiberglass blanks deliver the action and lifting power to beat big, powerful fish without wearing out the angler. Pretty Strong - All Senator rods feature a rich, charcoal-silver blank that is perfectly set off by Penn's burgundy, black and silver wraps. Each guide is fully underwrapped and finished with multiple coats of clear protective epoxy. In looks and performance, these rods are the perfect match for rugged Penn reels -- and more than a match for any fish. Quick Draw - Senator rods feature Penn's longer and thinner Slick Butt II handle that allows easy removal of the rod from a rod holder or rocket launcher -- even with a fish on. Slick Butt II handles feature a gimbal and reinforced polymer construction for added strength and durability. Senator rods also feature heavy duty, machined, anodized aluminum reel seats for a solid connection and cushioned foam fore grip for comfort. Three Styles of Senator Rods - Penn Special Senator rods feature all AFTCO roller guides and tip top to minimize line resistance and wear. Penn Senator rods feature dependable Stuart roller stripper guides and tip tops, with sturdy chrome plated ring guides in between. Penn Wire Line Senator rods feature carbide ring guides and tip top for trolling wire line with umbrella rigs, bunker spoons and bucktails.

Correct. The Tungsten Carbide are the wire line guides.

Anyway, I have decided I can troll braid for all of my situations and this will work.

I'll take it. PM payment details, etc

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0