Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitchman

Mad Frog Johnny Bars

6 posts in this topic

Looking to rig up my SIK (14ft Carolina Perception) but I am leery about drilling holes. I've seen the mad frog johnny bars and it looks like a cool idea for mounting a couple rod holders on the SIK without drilling holes. My question is, how well do these things hold and are they worth the cost? Will it hold up to the pressure of trolling with a conventional reel with a stretch 25 when a slammer blue hits?

check out a similar item in West Marine. Its on sale now for half the price (of Mad Frog) in clearance. I did'nt have the heart to drill into my pretty (fiberglass) boat.

The Johnny Bar will hold up on the troll as long as it's secured and mounted to an area with a flat even surface for each leg to grab on. Keep it tight and you will be all set.

View Postcheck out a similar item in West Marine. Its on sale now for half the price (of Mad Frog) in clearance. I did'nt have the heart to drill into my pretty (fiberglass) boat.

Do you have a name of the product? I couldn't find anything like it on their website but there is a west marine down the street and I'd like to take a look....but would like to know what I am looking for.

View PostThe Johnny Bar will hold up on the troll as long as it's secured and mounted to an area with a flat even surface for each leg to grab on. Keep it tight and you will be all set.

Good to know!

thanks guys!

West Marine has one made by Confluence Holdings, they call it Kayakers Fishing Toolbar, item # 8622342 for $33.66. Its in clearance so dont wait too long if your interested.

View PostWest Marine has one made by Confluence Holdings, they call it Kayakers Fishing Toolbar, item # 8622342 for $33.66. Its in clearance so dont wait too long if your interested.

Got one on order, if it fits I am going to order another one for my other SIK. Thanks!