It's a Sunny, Chilly SPRING Friday....

Rate this topic

Happy Vernal Equinox....well in about 10 minutes, anyway. Chilly today, wamer and sunny over the weekend, and then sunny and seasonable most of the week.

So, whatchya making?

Tonight is take-out Chinese.

Haven't discussed what is up for tomorrow, but I think it will end up being seafood in red sauce and pasta. Sunday will be hotel style turkey breast (on sale at S&S for $0.99/lb) with gravy, egg noodles, and salad.

Monday is solo, and I have left over corned beef and cabbage, et al. Will also get some steamers, as Fresh Catch has them for $1.99/lb thru Sunday.

The rest of the week, one night Donna wants Surf Hunter's Coconut Thai shrimp. Another night will be something with left over turkkey, either snadwiches or tettrazinni. And the 3rd night is up in the air right now, not much exciting on sale this week.

What are YOU making?

Happy Spring.....smile.gif

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

After cooking almost every weekend for the last 6 month (I have a newborn), tonight I will be making "RESERVATIONS" for the first time since before my son was born.

I am always dissapointed when going out to eat but, tonight is for my special lady! An exceptional woman and a gifted Mom!

I'll be back in the kitchen on Saturday..phew... I'm thinking of a Seafood Fra Diavlo since, we still have Peconic Bay Scallops around. -AKO40.gif

I have 3 lbs of duck legs that I will be braising tonight. Really looking forward to this A LOT. Last night I made some amazing gnocchi. Hopefully get some good dim sum in saturday or sunday afternoon. Maybe some sushi on one of the other nightssmile.gifbeers.gif

View Post

Haven't discussed what is up for tomorrow, but I think it will end up being seafood in red sauce and pasta.

I posted a seafood in red sauce (my version of a fra diavolo) in your thread from last Friday that was very good, I'm sure you can enhance it to your liking. I think I may make it again this weekend, with a lot more lobster, you only live once right? wink.gif

"ALL THE BEST!"

3 college kids are home this week ... tonight is reservations at their favorite Chinese rest for the 5 of us, their grandfather, grandmother, and aunt/uncle

hope to do some bar-b-que, maybe Sunday

"Gradatim Ferociter / Carpe Diem / No Guts, No Glory

"I hate taxes, and Communism, and inflation. Now, get to work, and remember that the person who makes decisions around here is ME." Ronald Reagan

Tonight is New York Strip night. Pan sauce and some wine, Ceasar, and mash Taters.

Saturday is six couples fish night. All parties bring a fish dish. I am bringing 30lbs. of oysters and making homemade pizza for the kids.

Sunday is taco night.

cooked 4 nice sirloins last night

served them with garlic/cheddar mashed yukon golds and boiled spinach

tonight the third steak will go into a steak salad:

mixed lettuce

hard boiled eggs

grape tomatoes

real roquefort cheese

viniagrette

the fourth steak needs a little more grill time and will make some nice sandwiches for sunday lunch

Either going to be roasted stuffed chicken legs or fried chicken tonight.

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

Leftovers tonight to clear the decks for a dinner party for six tomorrow.

I'm planning to start with an amuse bouche, each of which will consist of a small sliver of seared kielbasa, quartered and topped with a dab of horseradish and a caper, all on a small chevre-smeared round of rye bread and maybe some capers tossed around the plate for effect. A salad of roasted beets on a bed of watercress and drizzled with a dressing of OJ/walnut oil/walnuts/garlic blended smooth, garnished with chives. Osso bucco with potato gnoccis (not homemade) and steamed asparagus with parm shavings on the side. A modest cheese course, including some toasted pecans and dried figs. A light dessert of canteloupe balls and fresh strawberries with a red wine/mint/orange zest sauce.

Almost all do-ahead (or start-ahead) except for the asparagus and gnoccis and, of course, assembly and plating.

Wish me luck.

View PostMy wife doesn't get back from Asia until tomorrow night, and I'm going to make eating as simple as possible as I need to address both convenience and the palette of my three year old until then. Probably a good night for chicken nuggets.

Or Captain Fishbones.drool.gif

"ALL THE BEST!"

Cooking up some spotted sea trout stuffed with crab meat. Caught the trout the other day and am buying the crab meat from a local guy. A little caesar salad on the side...some garlic bread....a nice glass of vino....and then the hot tub. Boy do I love Florida.

Have a great weekend.

"Life is Not a Dress Rehearsal!"
Member #1666