Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iyaman

10 foot blank - Help needed!

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Gentlemen, please help me here. I want to have a 10 ft, 2 pieces rod custom built for me.

I'll be using this rod to throw bombers, tins, jigs and other lures between 1/2 oz to 2oz ( possibly 2 1/2 oz ) and also be able to switch to live bait like shrimp and finger mullet with popping cork in the jetty. Reel that I would be using will be a zx 22 and I will be using braid.

How much will it cost for you guys to build a good rod with the above specifications? Is 350 $ enough?

All inputs are appreciated. Thank you.

Im confused, do you already have a 10' 2-piece blank? Are you having this built, or building yourself? Are you just looking for a builder, what exactly do you need help with?kooky.gif

View PostIm confused, do you already have a 10' 2-piece blank? Are you having this built, or building yourself? Are you just looking for a builder, what exactly do you need help with?kooky.gif

I reread my post, and it's really confusing. I edited it. Thanks.

Do you have a blank? $350... could be done depending what type of blank. A good Lami can suck up most of that. It really depends on the blank your after. Cheaper blank wise a Batson SU 1264F 10'6 of course these have been discontinued and the new line of SUR the ratings aren't accurate yet. Also a IGSU 1262 10'6 is pretty cheap American made and are a real nice blank if you can get. American tackle has the AXSU100M that's cheap also. Figuring out a blank that won't cost all the money is key. A good Lami or other high end and your looking at around $500 since the blank will be close to $300. add in componets and time...

I would say $350 is the low end of the range. The production Lami rod runs close to $300. A more realistic number would be $400-$500 depending on the blank and guides selected. Any fancy threadwork would add to the price.

Thank you guys for all the information you shared. I don't have a blank but if I finally decide to go for it, I'll be buying the blank from whoever is building it as advised by Billy on the other thread.

I think it would really depend on where you live,I had cms build me a 1 pc xra1322 spinning rod,fuji alconite guides,pacbay reel seat,cork foregrip,with all the fancy wraps around the eyes and and around the base,cost me 378.00$ out the door,matt

View PostI think it would really depend on where you live,I had cms build me a 1 pc xra1322 spinning rod,fuji alconite guides,pacbay reel seat,cork foregrip,with all the fancy wraps around the eyes and and around the base,cost me 378.00$ out the door,matt

How fancy a wrap?