Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miah

Fluid bed for Powder Paint, Help Needed

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Hi all I have been attempting to make a fluid bed for powder painting. I think I have it almost there, but my power goes from still to mostly still with mini volcanos, I never get that perfect fluid stage. I am using very thin Brown paper bags as a bearier screwed between two sections of 4 inch PVC, I have the lower section caulked to a board and 2 adjustable valves opposite each other hooked to a decent sized aquarium pump. any suggestions?

1. Contact MJ tackle in michigan and buy a $7.00 professionally build powder paint cup and build your system around that. 2. Come to the RI Leadfest on 28 March and look over the home made units there, and maybe get/give a few ideas on how to improve them. If interested, see the leadfest thread in the RI forum and let me know, I'll send directions.

Steve

go to aquaholics leadfest i went to the last one ... learned a ton from steve.. also have 100 jigs ta boot beers.gif

This was posted on some other lure making site from Ohio. Thought it was a good idea.

"I have found that disposable vacuum cleaner bags do a terrific job for the membrane on fluid bed paint cups. By design, they allow air to pass through, while prohibiting passage of dust (powder paint). They are more durable than coffee filters; don't melt when touched by hot objects, like nylon mesh; and have better air distribution, resulting in fewer "volcanoes". I use "Hoover" brand vacuum cleaner bags, but I imagine any brand would be all right. Just cut them up to the appropriate size of the tube you are using, and cement to the bottom of the paint cup; trim when glue has dried."

be sure to let us know how it works. the volcanoes are common even in the commercial fluid beds, I just scrape the bottom with a plastic spoon to get it going again.

steve

View PostThis was posted on some other lure making site from Ohio. Thought it was a good idea.

"I have found that disposable vacuum cleaner bags do a terrific job for the membrane on fluid bed paint cups. By design, they allow air to pass through, while prohibiting passage of dust (powder paint). They are more durable than coffee filters; don't melt when touched by hot objects, like nylon mesh; and have better air distribution, resulting in fewer "volcanoes". I use "Hoover" brand vacuum cleaner bags, but I imagine any brand would be all right. Just cut them up to the appropriate size of the tube you are using, and cement to the bottom of the paint cup; trim when glue has dried."

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif Good Idea!