Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lureboy

Van Staal, china and USA

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Hi, im looking into buying a gold Van Staal 150 and im confused between the U.S.A. made ones or the china made ones.. whats the difference and what one to buy???

I promise i used "SEARCH" and could not find exactly what im lookin for.

THANKS!!!

View PostNo difference, other than the handle (newer handles are an improved design).

Doesn't matter which you buy.

There was a thread here just last week about this. If you scroll through the main forum and go back a few days you should be able to find it. I tried the search as well but you can't search the word VS as it is too short and nothing comes up with "china USA Van Stall"

Take a look at the "Similar Threads" column at the lower right corner of this thread, scroll down and you will find them. There are 5 threads on tis topics listed here. It seems this subject has been brought up at least once every other week for the past year, sometime even two or three threads going at the same time, especially last winter.

The conclusion to all the other threads was to wait for that "new secret" Penn waterproof reel due soon. When is that thing due out?

7gxECduOygegy0h4I6jSoahMo1_500.jpg

View PostThe conclusion to all the other threads was to wait for that "new secret" Penn waterproof reel due soon. When is that thing due out?

7gxECduOygegy0h4I6jSoahMo1_500.jpg

I hear it is supposed to be displayed at Icast show this summer with release in the fall beers.gif

View PostThere was a thread here just last week about this. If you scroll through the main forum and go back a few days you should be able to find it. I tried the search as well but you can't search the word VS as it is too short and nothing comes up with "china USA Van Stall"

There have only been about a gazillion threads on this topic since word came out that they were being made in China.

It's a horse that died 3 years ago but the beating still marches on like the incoming tide at Mont St Michel. shakehead.gif

I can't believe that anyone can't turn up a half dozen threads with even a rudimentary search confused.gif

View Post?????

That's Donald Sutherland, father of Jack Bauer. Jack Bauer is not made in China.

That is the difference between the two.

OK, I've owned both, no difference in my eyes. Maybe you use one and you're hungry an hour later, but that's the only one. Promise.

View PostNo difference, other than the handle (newer handles are an improved design).

Doesn't matter which you buy.

If there is no difference why can I send some of my reels to rivers end for service but some have to go all the way to Tulsa? All purchased within the last 5-6 years,

View PostDon't know if I would trust one being made in USA without Chinese parts so I would go Zeebaas.

zeebaas internal parts are not all made in USA. there are plenty of components that are cut overseas in china and over countries of that sort. look at the rubber bumper on the bottom of the reel foot, that is not usa made.....

as for vs, it doesnt matter which one. the new handle is better. all internal parts are the same just being assembled overseas.

either reel you get is a winner!@ beers.gif