Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barrell

Three Cheers for Sears

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Two and a half years ago when my Milwaukee plug in hammer drill died I ran out to Sears and bought a 19.2 volt battery powered hammer drill. At the counter the salesman suggested a $15 extended three year warrantee. I figured the batteries wont last that long and I would get a new battery out of it. After beating the hell out of this thing drilling concrete and other abuses the clutch slipped today when I was driving lag bolts. I took it back to Sears and they handed me a whole new kit with drill, charger,and new batteries no questions asked. So I bought another three year warrantee. The drill performed and lasted longer then any Makita or the one Dewalt I owned. Its nice to see a company do what they promised even when it cost em money

I saw a customer and an employee almost get into a fight at Sears. The guy wanted to return a broken Craftsman chalk line and the employee said NO because the Craftsman decal had fallen off.

I bought a Hilti for the cost of a used VS. It's good, but not sure if it was worth the money. Batteries are a $100.00. Trigger sticks sometimes, this is my 3rd year and it has been out of warranty for 2 years.

View PostI bought a Hilti for the cost of a used VS. It's good, but not sure if it was worth the money. Batteries are a $100.00. Trigger sticks sometimes, this is my 3rd year and it has been out of warranty for 2 years.

The 19.2 volt sears hammer drill is only $129. New batteries are two for $80