Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Waist Deep

What are the odds Obama wants to take credit

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

What are the odds that Obama wants to take credit for the current little bump in the stock market and thus he is saying pretty much what he chided McCain for saying int he election. Except for the fact that Obama has done nothing but stall on his plan to stabilize the financial sector, open up credit markets, or have a single aspect of his economic stimulus even come close to becoming reality.

If the economy continues to show more good signs and actually improves more and more as time goes on then I thinks its safe to say he will take some credit.

He was handed an economy at a very low point, so as long as it rebounds, he and the democratic party will play the hero cards for the next few elections

Also the Republicans are saying its going to bankrupt us a make things worse.

Well if that doesent happen and things get better, the Republicans thought they were already in trouble.... they aint see nothing yet...

Both parties seemed to be "all in" with these agendas... Could very well see one major winner and loser

of course he'll take credit.

he said not to watch the daily fluctuations of the stock market.

then the market goes up, and it's look at the market.

our president changes his mind more often than i change my socks.

View Postof course he'll take credit.

he said not to watch the daily fluctuations of the stock market.

then the market goes up, and it's look at the market.

our president changes his mind more often than i change my socks.

He said, look at the market? I didnt see that, got a link or something so i can check it out?

I'll politely disagree with Cantilever that the next election could produce a bigger winner and loser then the last one .... it is not possible to make difficult decisions and only make friends. Even if the financial system is fixed tomorrow morning, it'll be years before the job market recovers, and credit is freely available again. No matter how well the Administration does the GOP will recover at least some of its' losses in the House, this coming round of elections; and the President has too many decisions to make to not make some of them wrong.

View PostI'll politely disagree with Cantilever that the next election could produce a bigger winner and loser then the last one .... it is not possible to make difficult decisions and only make friends. Even if the financial system is fixed tomorrow morning, it'll be years before the job market recovers, and credit is freely available again. No matter how well the Administration does the GOP will recover at least some of its' losses in the House, this coming round of elections; and the President has too many decisions to make to not make some of them wrong.

Thats why I htink the Dems have a good chance of keeping this trend.

I think of it this way... Like you said things will still be bad in areas for years... So people will feel it and know about it... reminding them of the very bad times. Then the Dems keep showing the improvements and the people will not want to go back to the Republicans, whom many thought hurt the country. (deservingly or not)

All they need IMP is modest improvents, slow and steady, and each year I think could be big for them.

However if we continue to fall this year, you might see a Republican surge that continues for years..

I really feel this is an all bets are in kind of thing

View PostThe Republicans will take some new seats just on the basis of there daily Obama is wrong mill. Lots of believers and few thinkers.

If the economy is in a clear recovery in November you dont think that will only help the Democrats more?

View PostWhat are the odds that Obama wants to take credit for the current little bump in the stock market and thus he is saying pretty much what he chided McCain for saying int he election. Except for the fact that Obama has done nothing but stall on his plan to stabilize the financial sector, open up credit markets, or have a single aspect of his economic stimulus even come close to becoming reality.

He should!!

After all, everyone blames him for the BIG slide, so I would suppose he RUNS the market, whether up or down, it's ALL Obama.

The Pubs started ittongue.gif

View PostHe should!!

After all, everyone blames him for the BIG slide, so I would suppose he RUNS the market, whether up or down, it's ALL Obama.

The Pubs started ittongue.gif

There are consequences for using terms like 'disaster' and 'catastrophe' when you are President. The markets don't seem to like this president's plans, no matter how well intended they are; the perception that his administration has abdicated its role to a congress which seems actively hostile to business (while pocketing campaign contributions from them). We elected an almost completely inexperienced leader and it shows in gaffe after gaffe. The visit from the British PM was one embarrassment that comes to mind. There are many others.

The daily attempts to lay all problems on the Bush administration or the 'greedy' execs at AIG are comical at best. The world economy is receding and retrenching. You wanted the job, Mr. Obama and you got it. Now shut up the whining and the sad attempts to deflect blame and lead. If you can.