Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skate Bait

Bait after dark

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

only one way to find out and if they don't have one then stop at julians and if they are out then hit atlantic highlands and if they are out hit the bar must be a dozen or so there

View Postonly one way to find out and if they don't have one then stop at julians and if they are out then hit atlantic highlands and if they are out hit the bar must be a dozen or so there

the bar?

Clams from those vending machines sucked - not worth the money. Go get some real fresh clams during the day and leave them in the cooler on ice or the fridge until you're ready to use them at night.

Funny story about those nasty stinky gooey vending machine clams.

Wen't fishing with a buddy who brought his buddy that never fished for stripers. They couldn't get the real thing so they bought those nasty suckers and met me at the spot. I laughed at them for not using my fresh herring and buying that junk. Well, 10 minutes after they showed up, the newb was pulling in a 30lber on that crap.

caught one of my first bass on a frozen clam 10-12lber nice fish for back then... sea bright circa 1993/94ish an old hole that got covered up by that damn beach replenishment programmad.gif

why not go to a 24hr supermarket. no bait store will be open late enough for our needs. and if your looking for just clams i'm sure you can get them with no problem. and for about half the price.

View Postwhy not go to a 24hr supermarket. no bait store will be open late enough for our needs. and if your looking for just clams i'm sure you can get them with no problem. and for about half the price.

What supermarket carries skimmer clams? The edible clams are terrible for bait fishing with. Too small and soft.