Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson striper

beach access

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

My question is ..... When I come up in Sept. to fish you have the run of the beaches , I was hoping to make it up in June but I" in order to locate fish " may go to a number of beaches . Can you purchase one pass to access all beaches or just beaches in each town ?

There's no "universa" pass in Mass, usually town by town, although you can get a pass to drive in Truro and Provincetown from the National Seashore. It is not cheap either...where you looking to go, specifically?

I've never fished during the spring , only in September and October . I usually find the fish then at Hardings,Chatham and will take the occassinal ride up to herring cove . I believe they start to charge a fee on Memorial Day ? If you have to hit a bunch of beaches the cost could pile up . I thought about coming up in May but the Hudson River is in my back yard and our run is in full swing then . I would just hate to have to wait until September . Thank you for your response .

No "parking lot" stickers are being enforced usually until some weeks in June[towns differ].ORV access stickers are required.Natnl Seashore[ptwn] you can purchase a weekly pass for$50.Yearly is $150.That is the only place where weeklys are available.You really don't need to go off-road[hint hint].

I avoid the off road experience . Usually the run and gun works for me . I appreciate your feed back . Maybe i'll shoot for the 1st week in June if for nothing else than to satisfy my addiction for fishing the Cape . I'm sure I can find a fish or two somewhere . Thanks again . LOL .