Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RussSommers

Calling lure junkies

6 posts in this topic

Here's a question to the lure junkies;

How many chicken scratch 16A bombers is a large TB worth?

How about a jointed RM brown trout danny?

How about a G2 tiger?

I want to hear your input. In the mean time, i will contact Tim. I want to see if he'll let my leash off long enough for me to put up a plug or two up for trade for a lot of plastics, as a test to see what people are willing to trade for such collector plugs. If you see such an offer in the trade forum, you'll know Tim let it go, if not. well, you get the point.

Russ,

I guess you can say the standard has been set for a G2 Tiger of around $100.-$125. If they are selling for that amount I would assume the trade value is the same.

Now the more recent Hard-to-Get plugs like the RM Jointed Scaled Brown Trout Danny and any TB Swimmer that was sold recently to the public for around $30.-$40. is a different story.. Has a public B/S/T value been set yet and if so how much.. Hard to determine a higher amount without it looking like making a huge profit off of them right now in my opinion...

would you trade something basically irreplaceable for a large quantity of mass produced plastic that you can always pick up at the local Wallymart?

headscratch.gif

I could see it if you were after discontinued super-plastic like F80s, F90s, Big Os, Sea Hags, Top Guns or the like, but 16As??? kooky.gif

JM $.02,

Jon

View Postwould you trade something basically irreplaceable for a large quantity of mass produced plastic that you can always pick up at the local Wallymart?

headscratch.gif

I could see it if you were after discontinued super-plastic like F80s, F90s, Big Os, Sea Hags, Top Guns or the like, but 16As??? kooky.gif

JM $.02,

Jon

That's exactly my point. And in all honesty, from a pure use perspective, 8 chickenscratch bombers would get more use than my giant TB swimmer, RM jointed scaled BT Danny or G2 tiger. Purely based on logistics alone. I am no collector, althogh I have a small stash of rarities. I fish, period.

I find it laughable the value that certain folks have put on a piece of wood. The true value comes in the time the builder spent to test and tune that piece of wood to swim properly, not the pretty paint job they sprayed on it to catch the fisherman. I have several Garys, TB's, RM etc that have a high collector value that I beat to hell. But why would I not trade something I am going to eventually destroy for a lot of somethings to destroy which accomplish a very similar end to the 1 piece of wood. It's all about the value people attach to it.

Besides, I'd probably go for SuperStrike Needles anyway.wink.gif