Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

Tim - this was odd

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

As I clicked onto SOL a small screen flashed briefly "downloading to temporary file". It happened so quickly I couldn't make out everything but it did mention the site. Should I be worried?

------------------

"Any time a man ain't fishin' he's fritterin' away his life." - Rancid Crabtree

Where on SOL did you click when you saw this? No, it's not something I designed to download to your computer. Every image and page as you surf is saved to temporary files - it's what they call "cache". I don't know what or why you saw what you saw. What did you click when you saw it? Where were you coming from when you clicked there?

A billion things it coulda been - no chance it was anything malicious from SOL, we don't play those games here smile.gif

TimS

Tim is just running a script that takes all of our credit card and personal information. He also wants to check your cookies and temporary internet files to make sure you are not cheating on SOL.

Oh wait, he already has everyone's credit card information!!!!! cwm24.gifcwm35.gif

haha....

ErikT \\ Chunkin and dunkin

Erik, actually, it's a downloadable web cam that installs itself into your car/truck. Now I can track everyone when they go fishin'wink.gif

You caught meicon15.gificon15.gif

TimS

Sorry, Tim. It's the other way around. We keep tabs on you now. wink.gif

I'm going to sell Crazy Alberto a canoe real cheap, with a Lo-Jack transmitter.

I have SOL as my home page. When IE kicked in the screen flashed up.

------------------

"Any time a man ain't fishin' he's fritterin' away his life." - Rancid Crabtree

On startup The system stopped and said I needed to run scandisk. Upon running I received this message:

"The 'C:\\WINDOWS\\Temporary Internet

Files\\Content.IE5\\H6IBUA33' folder is damaged.

This folder contains one or more long filenames that are no longer

associated with files. ScanDisk repairs the error by deleting these

filenames.

I instructed it to fix now the d#$ed think just keeps cycling between checking allocation tables and checking file structure. Did this till I hit cancel and logged on here. confused.gif

Tim

Just look in your rear view mirror ! Youll find half of us following you . So the camera is giving you history ( places youve already passed ) . When walking just turn around real fast if you hear scurring feet or think you saw some ducking , its just us hiding behind a dune or a shruberry on the canal .

hey sudsy ,

to run the scandisk so it doesn't cycle like that . you need to close all your open programs but systray and explorer.

to do this you have to give your puter the 3 finger salute

press ctrl+alt+delete at the same time . then in the open window hilite each program one at a time and click end task .

don't close systray or explorer .

when done then go to system tools and run scandisk .

steve

[This message has been edited by striperreleaser (edited 02-12-2002).]

Erik, actually, it's a downloadable web cam that installs itself into your car/truck. Now I can track everyone when they go fishin'wink.gif

You caught meicon15.gificon15.gif

TimS

Tim, where were you when I was getting beat up on the GPS thread? wink.gifsmile.gif

I have SOL as my home page. When IE kicked in the screen flashed up.

Sudsy,

Is it possible that you have IE set to check for updates on startup? If so, it may have downloaded an update/patch for IE, and had nothing to do with SOL.

------------------

John B

mako7@monmouth.com

Hat, you got beat up cause you were talkin' about pollution and stuff from captains making their own secret reefs. I was there, just not commenting - I can see both sides - yers was the legally correct onewink.gif

TimS