Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bud

Plug ID

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

BTW, it weighs 0.6 ounces. What is a tattoo swimmer good for? How to fish it? Sure looks strange to me as I've only ever used rapalas for bass.

Alright Bud, here is a good example.

That is a small lure in terms of surfcasting. I have no problem picturing a 20lb bass coming up and inhaling that.

That is, if you can even cast it out. Yes, I know, your rod is designed to cast up to an ounce but to get any fishable distance out of a lure like that, you gotta chuck it pretty hard. It's going to snap that shimano rod into pieces.

View PostAlright Bud, here is a good example.

That is a small lure in terms of surfcasting. I have no problem picturing a 20lb bass coming up and inhaling that.

That is, if you can even cast it out. Yes, I know, your rod is designed to cast up to an ounce but to get any fishable distance out of a lure like that, you gotta chuck it pretty hard. It's going to snap that shimano rod into pieces.

Pat read my mind. wink.gif

Yes they are. Guys go read what the guy from the UK wrote about telescopic rods if you don't want to believe me.

So it's a topwater lure? What gives with the weirdly shaped metal lip? Poppers, or topwater lures in freshwater fishing have a different shaped mouth. Why is this one designed like that and how should I work it?

Lip gives it a nice, wide swing. Just cast it into structure (rocks, whitewater, ect) with moving current, swim it nice and slow. You'll have better luck at dusk, dawn, and night. Go to your local tackle shop and ask about spots in your area to fish, how to fish them.

View PostYes they are. Guys go read what the guy from the UK wrote about telescopic rods if you don't want to believe me.

So it's a topwater lure? What gives with the weirdly shaped metal lip? Poppers, or topwater lures in freshwater fishing have a different shaped mouth. Why is this one designed like that and how should I work it?

So, let's go over the facts...

You live in the North East US.

You will be fishing in the North East US.

Experienced anglers from the North East US say it's not a good idea.

Guy in the UK says it is a great rod over there.

Believe that guy. Not the US guys.

Let's not get into nation wars here. Everything you mentioned is right, but you're forgetting that, as mentioned previously, the rod isn't sold in the US, so he knows the rod much better that US guys do, and I happen to have it.

Why would I believe americans who say that some new asian car sucks if I happen to have it and see that it obviously doesn't?