Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimG

Do federal employees get bonuses?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Because the federal government is losing money hand over fist and the tax payers are bailing them out? Shouldn't they be laying off instead of expanding?

And how much is being paid out in bonuses?

I mean if we are going to bail them out why shoud some shmuck in the Education department get his bonus this year?

Any federal employees on here to expand on their comp package?

View PostBecause the federal government is losing money hand over fist and the tax payers are bailing them out? Shouldn't they be laying off instead of expanding?

And how much is being paid out in bonuses?

I mean if we are going to bail them out why shoud some shmuck in the Education department get his bonus this year?

Any federal employees on here to expand on their comp package?

Very nice observation!

Inquiring minds want to know.

Nice catch, I wonder? Oh, it would be some good fodder. If so, this is why Republicans loose, no imagination, not thinking outside the box.

View PostThis un does. BWAHAHAHAHAAA!

First, its OBWAHAHAHAHAHA smile.gif

But seriously, does anyone know?

I have no clue.

In all this mess, seems the government sector is the only one expanding, aside the state level, doesn't seem the feds are taking a hit. And if we are producing less, stands to reason the government in various sectors should be doing less.

Are bonuses available in government jobs? If so and the work load is lower, where's the outrage?

It was only a couple years ago that Bonuses was given to few Big Kahuna's in VA system, only 30-33K but fact remains it was a bonus,I would venture to say many more bonuses paid out that public is unaware of such as NASA.

Only bonuses I'm aware of are for reenlistment. Never heard of executive level bonuses but they could be out there.

There used to be an incentive reward program but I've not heard of anyone getting one for several years so I'm not sure it still exists.

Of course, this is all at the worker-bee level. Not sure what's up at the executive level.

Safe to say in any case these programs were in the hundreds/thousands per person, not millions.

I'm not sure if bonuses are given to government employees or not. But I do remember reading awhile back that government jobs now pay more than comparable jobs in the private sector......with much better benefits. I know of two government employees who have no education beyond high school both of whom make well over $100,000 in jobs which would pay far less in the private sector.

As far as government laying off people at this time, just think about it for awhile and I'm sure you'll understand why that ain't gonna happen.

They do get bonuses. Most get bonuses. Do you really think I would ask without knowing the answer?

Where is the outrage? nothing no

Wwho works more directly for tax dollars then the federal govt.?

And who is less efficient with our money then the federal govt.?

Why arent they laying off?

View PostThey do get bonuses. Most get bonuses. Do you really think I would ask without knowing the answer?

Where is the outrage? nothing no

Wwho works more directly for tax dollars then the federal govt.?

And who is less efficient with our money then the federal govt.?

Why arent they laying off?

Unfortunately, it seems that most folks have concluded that "outrage" doesn't mean a damned thing to the career pols....... in DC in particular. They feel, I suspect, that there's about as many who support their idiocy as there are those who are opposed to it. If you doubt that, just look at how many lemmings on this board support everything that the Pied Piper in Washington does.rolleyes.gif

Good they should. Most mail carriers work about 3 hours a day.

Unfortunately it is one of the few self funded organizations so it will have little or no effect on our fed spending