Boots for stockingfoot waders

Rate this topic

SandBar75

Whats up guys quick ? I just ordered the stockinfoot waders and was curious if I can get away with using regular boots with them for the rest of this year. Maybe timberland gortex or redwings? Hate to buy wader boots right now with 2 bithdays and Christmas coming anyway thanks in advance for the help. Enjoy the rest of the season.

you can use whatever you want, just some boots may hold water inside of them.

I use Cabella's Lightweight wading boots. Real cheap, and the water drains right out the side when I walk out of the water.

You don't need wading boots though, I've done it in sneakers when I forgot my boots

I fish.
I surf.
I boat.
I sail.
I am a total ocean sportsman, and I hate no one else who loves the ocean.

i used the simms headwaters with wearbars studs this year, the best and safest boots i've ever worn.

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

I have to do the wearbars. My korkers fell off twice on the rocks this past weekend. Also, there ain't nothin that makes you feel older than bending down in waders and trying tie on your korkers, and I ain't even got a gut. It is bruttle.

I have a pair of LL Beans full leather (or maybe it's synthetic) with the new black grip soles that I picked up on clearance for $40 and they are awesome.

"It's the weekend, I don't know you, you don't exist to me." The Hangover

Might need to go up one or two sizes from regular boots or shoes to allow room for neoprene booties on waders.

It's actually not a bad time of year to buy wading boots since models are being discontinued and can be found for a good price.

I have Chota Rocky River wading boots. About $95 with steel studs included in the box.

still counting...

Guys I don't plan on fishing from rocks nor do I dare to fish off a jetty with waders. This is just for the open beach & the bays. When I fish from a jetty its foul weather gear and korkers.9 times out of 10 the jetty I do fish is Breezy Point so that could be really dangerous.I know I am better off with wader boots and I will purchase them, but not this season. Like I said I got like a month left to fish but I need the $ for the kids & wife. Thanks for the feedback.