Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lockbox

Why is it???

65 posts in this topic

why is it sol members find it necessary to give an excuse to why they are selling there plugs. your selling them people buy them .that's it. i feel a reason why you are selling is totally unnecessary. the product and the price are the determining factors.

i think someones personel matters should stay personel.it has no bearing on a sale. i also don't want to feel that i am taking advantage of someone who is having problems down and out in any way probably i feel more about that .

Better question - why is it that some folks think everyone should be exactly like them and do exactly like they do and say exactly what they say for the exact reasons they do it? Honestly, who cares why people do it? And who cares who doesn't like it? It's not disruptive, it's not against the rules, if it makes people feel better, why should you care? HappyWave.gif

TimS

If I was to lose my job and needed to liquidate my equipment, I may say the reason just to discourage chiselers. If I was selling 2 or 3 Penn Spinfishers to upgrade to a VS or ZB, again, I may say so. But if I was selling plugs just to make a profit, I would just list the plugs and prices.

That Dont Bother Me...what Really Pisses Me Off Is When I Try To Sell Something That I Wanted To Use, But Need To Sell So I Can Put Gas In My Truck,and Im Lowballed,way Be Low Fair Price,its Insulting....i Wont Evan Bother Anymore....

View PostThat Dont Bother Me...what Really Pisses Me Off Is When I Try To Sell Something That I Wanted To Use, But Need To Sell So I Can Put Gas In My Truck,and Im Lowballed,way Be Low Fair Price,its Insulting....i Wont Evan Bother Anymore....

Personally, I don't care why someone is selling something. Short of cancer or a recognized charity fundraiser, I buy BST items for the best price possible. Some items appear overpriced and what may be considered a lowball offer could be that persons view of what the item is really worth. Ignore lowball offers if they offend you and carry on.

View PostBetter question - why is it that some folks think everyone should be exactly like them and do exactly like they do and say exactly what they say for the exact reasons they do it? Honestly, who cares why people do it? And who cares who doesn't like it? It's not disruptive, it's not against the rules, if it makes people feel better, why should you care? HappyWave.gif

TimS

Tim i thought this section was for talking. this is not a fight it's a question for members to put there input . isn't that the reason this section was put up.i am not asking for anyone to be like me or have my thoughts. this question has nothing to do with disruptive or rules. i don't see how someone stating some of the reasons they give would make them feel better.

i need oil for the cold weather

my truck broke down i need some money

i'm getting a divorce

i have to sell it to buy something else

these reasons do not make people feel better in this fishmans opinion.

View PostTim i thought this section was for talking. this is not a fight it's a question for members to put there input . isn't that the reason this section was put up.i am not asking for anyone to be like me or have my thoughts. this question has nothing to do with disruptive or rules. i don't see how someone stating some of the reasons they give would make them feel better.

i need oil for the cold weather

my truck broke down i need some money

i'm getting a divorce

i have to sell it to buy something else

these reasons do not make people feel better in this fishmans opinion.

there may be people on here who may understand what the seller is going through..... and is willing to buy some plugs knowing it is "helping" someone out..... as opposed to someone just selling to sell....

personally, if i am in a good position to buy something, and i see something that catches my eye on the BST and it is going to help a guy who needs it ( i.e - oil for winter, or just got laid off, or divorce, etc) than i am going to help him out and buy his instead of someone who is selling for other reasons.....

just my .02 wink.gif

View Postthere may be people on here who may understand what the seller is going through..... and is willing to buy some plugs knowing it is "helping" someone out..... as opposed to someone just selling to sell....

personally, if i am in a good position to buy something, and i see something that catches my eye on the BST and it is going to help a guy who needs it ( i.e - oil for winter, or just got laid off, or divorce, etc) than i am going to help him out and buy his instead of someone who is selling for other reasons.....

just my .02 wink.gif

icon14.gificon14.gif

angel.gif

View Postthere may be people on here who may understand what the seller is going through..... and is willing to buy some plugs knowing it is "helping" someone out..... as opposed to someone just selling to sell....

just my .02 wink.gif

that has merit . i never thought about it that way .good for you.

i felt bad buying there stuff because of hardship. but what you stated does have merit . thanks

It's become a habit because sometimes people sell something that could have been used, damaged or stolen. So Instead of someone saying "I stole this bike from a kid and that's why I'm selling it" they would make up a nice story. And then it was adopted by others who just thought that "if they do it, so should I".

View PostIt's become a habit because sometimes people sell something that could have been used, damaged or stolen. So Instead of someone saying "I stole this bike from a kid and that's why I'm selling it" they would make up a nice story. And then it was adopted by others who just thought that "if they do it, so should I".

That's pretty ballsy. So you're saying that fellow SOLers use this board as a fence? Or to dump broken or damaged items without disclosure? You got something to back those accusations up? cwm13.gif