Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pleco

Its Baaaaack

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I think Tim was just trying to pump up his Google #'s.. clapping.gif

Not likely. If "pumping up Google numbers" was as simple as using Google's on-site search, everyone would do it - and Google would charge for it smile.gif

I used that search because, as I can tell after just two days, the board search and all the automatic indexing really puts a drag on the speed of these forums. Basically, I did it so folks can enjoy a fast bunch of forums. Truth is, we've probably outgrown the UBB message board format all together icon25.gif

TimS

Googling websites to get slice of ad revenues 11:11AM

Google has combined its 'adsense' contextual ads to its 'Websearch' programme.

Web sites who choose to add Google's webwide search to their site will now get a cut of the revenues from the contextual ads shown alongside the search results. cwm31.gif

Google already had a similar scheme available to its biggest partners including AOL and Amazon, but this is the first time that it has been opened up to everyone.

To join the programme, websites simply have to add the Google search box to their page. Searchers get a list of 'organic' results with a set of sponsored 'adsense' ads alongside.

A new development is that web sites can now customise the results including the background, title, text and URL from over 200 colours so that it is not so much of a jolt when visitors land on the search pages. Sites can also limit the ads that appear on their site so that competitors' ads don't appear.

As with the existing adsense programme, sites can also view their accounts at any time to monitor their visitors' queries, clicks and shared revenues.

The programme is free to join and is available now.

Flash, that's news to me icon25.gif Are you sure that's a Google-US thing? We haven't spelled program "programme" in some years on this side of the pond wink.gif

If I knew they were gonna pay me for using their search, I'd put it back up so folks could choose either search smile.gif

TimS