Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Custom rod wrapping

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

Need help finding someone to wrap my new 1209 blank I won on the auction from BillK(keeper of the K Kremes). I live in Northern New Jersey (Paterson) frown.gif and can't seem to find any active rod builders to handle the 10' rod near me or at least a reasonable distance (Sandy Hook-Belmar Area).Anyone can help with a name,address,and phone number I would appreciate it. It is my first custom rod and I want to do it up right! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

P.S. Plug was that you I was bidding against at the last minute devil.gif. Sorry, wanted it pretty bad I guess. Hope you don't mind devil.gifek .

PaulY pfy50@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by 50 (edited 06-02-2000).]

Thanks guys,

I check these out, but I would like to give the business to one of our group; as a first shot. smile.gif

BrianW, How far down are you?

Plug, Happy belated birthday, redface.gif Did you get your 45ver yet? I'd settle for two 22.5's

Paul

[This message has been edited by 50 (edited 06-03-2000).]

50, I live in Union and might have the time to take care of that for you. I can usually wrap a rod in a few hours and let the epoxy dry overnight. I just have been fishing alot lately. Do you have the guides and did you decide what type of setup you want??? Drop me an email when you get a chance....

CowHnter@aol.com

Paul, Chris Richard, who's a regular here, does some really gorgeous work; don't know how booked up he is at the moment and Ditch Jigger had a really good looking rod at the Fling that was wrapped by a fairly local to you resource as I recall. Perhaps they'll both jump in here with a response or some further information.

Greg at Brielle B&T used to produce some nice work as well, but it's been a few years since I haunted that shop and don't know what they're up to these days. Anyone a bit more local have any thoughts on that option?

Thank you, Bill, for the glowing review! My rod building is on hold for the summer/fall for some serious fishing efforts and not so serious ones with the kids. Thanks again for the plug. BTW, great blank, Paul. I just recently had the chance to play around with one. Great bait chucker.

Paul,

I could build it for you if you'd like. I got some free time on my hands. The deal is you buy all the components, give them to me and a week to week and half later you have a finished rod. If you want a reference of my work you can look at my rods or G.Miller will tell you about my work.

Labor...no cost...

Let me know if your interested, I fish the Belmar to Sandy Hook section all the time and a hand off could be set up without problem.

Phil L