Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icatchanything

brick beach

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

hey im only 17 and lookin to do more fishing now that i have my license and i was wondering if anyone could help me out. not really sure what are good places or where anyone has luck i am kinda new and really don't have anyone to fish with shoot me an email or pm thanks

i don't think your going to get too many responses. everyone wants to know the best spots and where to go. the only way to do that is take a ride or a walk. and it's a kinda rule you don't "burn" spots by posting them on the forums. too many wannabe fisherman troll the boards looking for the hot spots.

i haven't been targeting stripers for long. only about a year or so now. i think one of the best things besides actually fishing, is finding places to fish. the area you are in you should be able to find a lot of places to fish with in a reasonably close range.

the best thing to do is fish a new spot every time you go. look at wind and tides. sunrise/sunset are good times to be on the beach. the most important thing is make it fun no matter what!!!! good luckbiggrin.gif

Go walk your local beaches at dead Low,Look for structure ie:Bars,cuts in bars,swales any areas where deeper water will lie up to shallow water.You find these kind of spots and fish them at different time of the tide.You'll discover for your self where to fish,what to look for.Then we'll be askin you!!biggrin.gif

FCbiggrin.gif

If you're looking for " good spots", I would suggest picking up a book or two on the subject. I'm not sure if I can say exact names, but I have a couple of great books on local spots in NJ that helped a lot when I started.

Oh and like JettyEddy says, definitely talk to the old guys they know a lot!

OK, I will actually give you a good answer. My favorite places are Sandy Hook and Montauk Long Island, and LBI. Fish Sandy Hook first lot and LBI in the From Late April to September. Clams, Bunker, and throw metal for blues. Fish Montauk Dure peak run times in Spring and Fall with green bucktails, plugs and eals. this is typically LAte June and Late september.

I think all these guys went through years of anger, and now they want you to go through the same so that they can fish alone. Not me. Have fun, see you out there, and let the best fisherman catch the fish.

Note. Do not fish too close to another angler when using bait or casting plugs. Some fisherman are supprisingly angry people.

View PostGo walk your local beaches at dead Low,Look for structure ie:Bars,cuts in bars,swales any areas where deeper water will lie up to shallow water.You find these kind of spots and fish them at different time of the tide.You'll discover for your self where to fish,what to look for.Then we'll be askin you!!biggrin.gif

View PostIf you're looking for " good spots", I would suggest picking up a book or two on the subject. I'm not sure if I can say exact names, but I have a couple of great books on local spots in NJ that helped a lot when I started.

Oh and like JettyEddy says, definitely talk to the old guys they know a lot!

Good advice from these guys.

Buy a couple of books on striper fishing, go spend $20 in a tackle shop and ask some questions, and you'll be on your way.

Fish like areas with current (think about local inlets), they like areas where the bottom depth varies (places with sand bars, steep beach drop offs, etc), they like areas with rocks, bridge structure, dock pilings, etc. Find these kind of places and the fish will find you.

View Postthe best thing to do is fish a new spot every time you go. look at wind and tides. sunrise/sunset are good times to be on the beach. the most important thing is make it fun no matter what!!!! good luckbiggrin.gif

What he^^^said

Drive around and patrol some areas close to you. Talk to some people fishing and if your not sure where to go follow the crowd. Books, peoples advice,seminars, articles all very good sources of information but the best is getting out there an getting the experience it for yourself. Good Luck !

View PostNote. Do not fish too close to another angler when using bait or casting plugs. Some fisherman are supprisingly angry people.

That extremely good information icon14.gif