Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Watersedge

Orvis Vortex Problem

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I have a older 7/8 Vortex anti reverse reel that the screw that holds the spool on continuously wants to back it self out. How should I fix. I was thinking a drop of locktight. What do you think?

Send it back to Orvis and ask them to repair or replace. Anti reverse reels are notorious for jammimg and coming apart. I have seen boxes full of bad ones.

Before you go touching it,I would contact Orvis & see what they say! If there anything like LL Bean they will either fix it or give you a new one! I had a reel from bean that I was having drag problems & called them.I called them to ask what I should do. They told me to send it in for them to look at it & the lady told me there would be an $11.00 charge ,but call tomorrow because the tech wasn't there when I called. ( Sunday ) I called the next day & spoke to the tech. He told me to send the reel in & there would be no charge! About a week later I get a call from them & they tell me that the Drag can't be fixed & the reel is discontinued! Then they told me They were going to upgrade my reel to the newer model at no Charge! The Reel I had was a gift that cost about $129.00 The new reel that they sent me was $189.00 & is a beauty!

Do not try to fix,alter,ETC before you contact Orvis! Good Luck & let us no how you made out!

You can download a repair form right from their site.Also,you can call direct[you get Va. not Vt.] and ask a tech the best approach to take without making things worse.Write down the techs name if you do a repair at their recomendation and it still needs to be sent out.I got a reel rebuilt for free[less my shipping] because I had the techs name.It's going to take close to a month if you send it out.