Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Awesome John

Paypal shafting its customers anyone a lawyer out there?

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Every year I sell a guitar or two to finance my foster kids education so this year I sell one on ebay for 2500 plus 200 shipping... total 2700 dolars.

So I get a paypal payment from the buyer and paypal trims off 105 dollars for themselves... okey I can understand that.. we give them that for their service okey now after this is where it gets interesting...

I live in Turkey so now ther is a option on their website that says`add a bank account in Turkey to withdraw your money` sounds great I say and I add a `dollar acount I have in my Turkish bank`

so far so good... they say 5 to 7 days and I can get my money..

okey then 1 hour later I get a notice that says my account has been `limited due to suspicious behavior` hey Ive been a paypal customer for 8 years sold many guitars... one was of 6k no problems... now they ask me for documents to prove my address etc....

wow.. weird...cwm13.gif

then I look at my account and there is only 2444 dolars in the account where did 256 dollars go from the original 2700 dollars? it seems they first charged me 105 to put the money in my account then charged me another 140 dollars to covert the money to Turkish lira and then back to dollars.. Come on who are they kidding this is a shylock shaft... they never did nothing except cut me off to my own money.. I had asked them to transfer to a dollar acount they supposedly converted the money to Turkisk lira then when `they` limited my account they converted it back to dollars.. hey I convert money everyday here how do I loose 140 bucks for some white color theif scam that supoosedly converts my cash which they wont let me take?

anyone of our fishing friends a lawyer out ther who can write these `wise guys ` a letter of something? maybe get a congressman to step in... it is obviuos that this is a scam...

My doctor friend recently popped them here in Turkey for pretty much the same thing... he bought a reel fromn the USA for 50 bucks and paypal USA charged him $80 on the conversion for a 50 dollar reel....

anyway $140 dolars lost on a conversion that wasnt made?

These Paypal guys are getting greedier every day....

What has the world come to with these cyber smart guys trying to make money so easy...

anyway

helpfrown.gif please... they got my money and are whittling away at it...

I think that may be what gives them the courage to try such a blatent shaft I cant go there I am in Turkey...

this is soooooooo imoral soooooooo indicative of the behavior of the smart big money companies that always have some scam happening some where what happened to the honest beautiful America I grew up in.. this is way out of line

PP screwed me too... Sold a SS 17' prop to some guy in finland. Delivery confirmation was not available because it was international. I get my payment and ship the prop... a month or so later I get an email from the buyer saying he never received it and is issuing a charge back. few days later my PP account was negative 256$. I tried calling paypal and was transfered 4 times before getting someones voice mail. They never called back.. I then tried emailing. About 3 weeks later I got an email saying the were siding with the buyer "as they most times do". Made me a lot more cautious with future transactions...and needless to say..No I buy a lot more than I sell on there.

they did nothing except deny me access to my own money wrote a few emails and made it look like they converted money... they didnt do anything except `set me up for a sting`mad.gif

John,

Is your account in Turkish Lira or US $?

What is the conversion rate for buying US $ in your Turkish bank?

What is the conversion rate for sell US $ in your turkish bank?

How much money your Turkish bank made to convert to Turkish lira when PayPal send them the money in US $

How much your Turkish bank made when it converted the Turkish Lira to US $ when PayPal withdraw the 3%?

Ask your bank and let us know the answers. wink.gif

PayPal provides you the option to use their conversion rate to your local currency but you elected not to do so, read their rules.

You can't complain about the 3%, without PP you most likely woulbn't be able to sell your guitar,so let's leave the $105 out of the equation, It is not just about transferring money it is also insuring the buyer that he gets his money back if you fail to deliver the guitar.

Go to Istanbul airport and ask the bank there how much it would cost you to exchange $3 and see how much they charge you...

Sound to me you better look for a Turkish lawyer40.gif

I stopped using Paypal when they demanded access to all my bank accounts. Fat chance. I don't trust them or what I believe to be their parent company. Ebay. I'd rather deal with SOLers thru the BST than deal with those guys, and all I buy is fishing gear.biggrin.gif

i was looking for a boat part, clicked on an add and a pic in a bikini poped up so i quickly exited out. next morning i get a e-mail thanking me for listing a "john deer tractor" ?????? i quickly cancelled that ad and changed my password relayed what happened to e-bay then a few days later 120 something dollers is missing out of my bank acc. for a listing fee!!! tried many times to get through to them to get a refund for the add i never listed and NOTHING!! no responce no phone number to call no one answers my e-mails! have not done anything with e bay since!! they suck!!! crooks

after getting hosed by someone hacking my info and withdrawing about 3-4 hundred bucks from my bank account through paypal over 2.5 days and not getting any help from them. i started searching and found many others with the same problem and problems like you posted.. a random angry search in my box with the words screw paypal revieled all kinds of stuff.

I used paypal until someone bought a $17,000.00 Harley on my account, they caught it notified me, then kept my money for 8 months. then charged me a transaction fee of 170.00 to put it back. Then 2 years later tried to open an online store to sell hardwood flooring the transaction company for credit cards siad No because I had a bad track record with my paypal account. THEY SUCKmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Not to mention I was running my construction company off same account and had to scramble and borrow money to make payroll

Nightmare on PP Street

View PostI used paypal until someone bought a $17,000.00 Harley on my account, they caught it notified me, then kept my money for 8 months. then charged me a transaction fee of 170.00 to put it back. Then 2 years later tried to open an online store to sell hardwood flooring the transaction company for credit cards siad No because I had a bad track record with my paypal account. THEY SUCKmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Not to mention I was running my construction company off same account and had to scramble and borrow money to make payroll

Nightmare on PP Street

WOW! Thats the worst I shafting I have heard of on PP! cwm31.gif

Well I suplement a big portion of my yearly income through online poker not professional but it helps quite a bit and paypal has always been the wild card between me and my money. Now a days I use western union for deposits and take a straight check and pay my taxes on my "gambling winnings" remember that term when tax time comes around next year!!!!!

We were hacked to the sum of 3500 dollars. I filed a local police report. The cop told me they had a dozen others filed that month alone.

Tried to get PayPals help. They refused to divulge any info. Kept claiming they were legitimate purchases. Inever bought anything over 20 dollars or non fishing related. They didnt want to hear it.

Got American Express involved. PayPal wont talk to them. After many phone calls with the fraud dept. at Amex this is what they had to say" PayPal is over ten years behind industry standards on frauds and hacker protection. They have virtually no software in place to spot fraud. Stay far away from them."

Amex ate the charges. Pay Pal is no pal of mine and I'd advise anyone not to make them your pal.

View PostJohn,

Is your account in Turkish Lira or US $?

What is the conversion rate for buying US $ in your Turkish bank?

What is the conversion rate for sell US $ in your turkish bank?

How much money your Turkish bank made to convert to Turkish lira when PayPal send them the money in US $

How much your Turkish bank made when it converted the Turkish Lira to US $ when PayPal withdraw the 3%?

Ask your bank and let us know the answers. wink.gif

PayPal provides you the option to use their conversion rate to your local currency but you elected not to do so, read their rules.

You can't complain about the 3%, without PP you most likely woulbn't be able to sell your guitar,so let's leave the $105 out of the equation, It is not just about transferring money it is also insuring the buyer that he gets his money back if you fail to deliver the guitar.

Go to Istanbul airport and ask the bank there how much it would cost you to exchange $3 and see how much they charge you...

Sound to me you better look for a Turkish lawyer40.gif

I will get on all those points and let you know whats happening...

this is terrible...